Subject Author Posted Replies

Ford to Repay Navistar $80 Million
Ford Motor Co. will repay Navistar International Inc. $80 million as part of a deal that will ensure continued supply of diesel engines for its Super Duty pickup trucks in the immediate future, The...

Re: Which To Buy?
That reminds me of when a lady friend asked me for advise when buying a new car in 1994. She liked both the Taurus and Honda Accord which cost a bit more, but she told me the Honda dealer told her the...
5
5

1990 Mitsubishi/Ford Eclipse Trans Slipping
My transmission is working fine when cold. After first starting, all gears shift normally for about 5 minutes. Then it starts to slip. After 10 minutes, it won't catch in any gears - forward or...
2
2

99 sable door lock question.
For some reason, All of the power door locks seem to lack enough power to actuate them all of the time. It would seem odd to me that all 4 actuators are bad. I get the same results from both the...
4
4

Programming PATS Ignition keys
I have a 2000 Ranger and only one PATS key. The manual says I need two working "pre-programmed" keys before I can program a third key myself. Who the hell keeps three sets of keys around? Apparently,...
4
4

A PINK Mustang? Ford trim package splashes a touch of pink to attract women
A PINK Mustang? Ford trim package splashes a touch of pink to attract women DEARBORN -- Ford Motor Co. is readying yet another version of its popular Mustang pony car, this time with a feminine touch....

87 E150 4.9 lit.300cu.in.str8 6cyl. starting problems
Cranks like it's going to start,then will crank and almost start till the batt dies out any ideas no start cap,rotor,plugs and wires.
5
5

disable passive anti-theft in 97 mercury sable
Does anyone know how to disable the passive anti-theft device in a 97 mercury sable? If I use the power door lock or key fob to lock the doors then there's a very good chance that the alarm will go...
7
7

2k Explorer Trailer Light Wiring
I have a 2000 explorer XLT and it had a 4 pole trailer light plug on it when I bought it and it just isn't right. I was wondering if there is a kit that just plugs in or if it has to wired in to each...

RADAR WRONG again! Worth fighting for!
This is what I'm fighting for. The are not used in accordance with the proscribed legal methods. The authorities will start banning GPS next, like they did in Switzerland. Why? Go the the link 2005...
7
7

Taurus Fuse Box Diagram
John, Autozone does have the diagram but I have spent the time and modified it with all the actual correct fuse descriptions, it may save you some time. I spent many hours trying to find one as well...
1
1

escort
I recently bought a 1995 escort wagon. It has a funny quirk, if you park it for about 30 to 60 minutes it will crank over but not fire. If you turn the key off, and then to the on position and hold it...
2
2

1989 Ford Ranger Radio - Set Clock for Daylight Saving Time
Every year about time Spring Time Change, I promise myself I'm going to figure out how to set that did-burned clock! I still can't figure it out so each year I wind up having it one hour off, during...
2
2

'92 Lincoln rear air strut
OK, got to ask. I've got most of it worked out but can't get the last mount off- the lower one at the spindle(?) which also holds the bracket that retains the upper arms of the "L" spring assembly....

Older Australian Ford software
Hello, there is a program for sale on eBay called VINdicator VINprefixEngine that will decode and allow you to create Australian, South African and New Zealand VIN preix numbers of the type JG33JC, It...