Subject Author Posted Replies

99 Taurus Mirror Repair
I read the note on the 98 Taurus repair, but my 99 seems to be different. I must have an upgraded sound system because the inside trim piece has a little speaker in it. There doesn't seem to be a...
3
3

96 Ford windstar need fuse box diagram
My sister owns this dam van. It didnt come with a schematic of what fuse operates what device. Would someone be kind enough to scan this and email it to us before we blow it up? FORD (maybe at one...
5
5

Main arguement against flying autos debunked
An aircraft convertible into a roadable vehicle is widely believed to be impossible due to government regulations pertaining to cars. Fuel economy limitations, crash worthiness, and weight penalties...
16
16

1995 F250 Brakes - Foot goes to the floor
My friend has a 1995 F250 which has what I think is a weird problem. Has about 250,000km. Recently the brake pedel has been going further to the floor so he replaced front pads and rear shoes and...

1995 F250 Brakes - Foot goes to the floor
My friend has a 1995 F250 which has what I think is a weird problem. Has about 250,000km. Recently the brake pedel has been going further to the floor so he replaced front pads and rear shoes and...
9
9

Ticking sound 4.6
My daily ritual is to start the car and let it warm up for a couple minutes. Lately it has developed this ticking sound that reminds me of an early 50's Oldsmobile lifter noise. Starts out quiet, then...
14
14

93 crown vic signal indicator switch
anyone ever change a signal indicator switch... the button for the w/wash was wearing out for the last 3 years ... and finally quit working anyone ever take one of these off and switch it? the arm...
1
1

1994 Sable 3.8L A jammed A/C compressor
1994 Sable 3.8L A jammed A/C compressor and or clutch assembly caused the pully not to rotate so it burned through the serpentine belt. 1) Trying to avoid spending a lot because the car is over...
4
4

GM joins Ford in jettisoning the minivan market
Chrysler, Toyota and Honda must be very excited about this.
145
145

Quick Q: What type of brake fluid for '99 Taurus Wagon?
Sorry, but I don't have an owners manual or Haynes, but I do have some type 3 for my Camry -- does Ford have their own proprietary type, or can I use my type 3 fluid? Thanks! Norm
6
6

1990 Ford Ranger Rear Brakes lock up when applied hard
When I apply my brakes moderatly hard the rear brakes lock and wont release for awhile. Help
5
5

96 Tbird/Cougar 3.8L drivebelt tensioner assy - Torx bolt?
Hi My 96 Cougar 3.8L needs the Drivebelt Tensioner Assembly replaced. The Torx bolt is larger than a T-50. Anyone know what size Torx bit is needed for this bolt? I've seen one comment that this is a...

Truck Will NOT get warm!!
From: "aarcuda69062" Subject: Re: Truck Will NOT get warm!! Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 8:49 AM The truck doesn't get warm. Why are so many people looking at the radiator to begin with? Read the...
3
3

Fix or Repair Daily the judges answer
Listen tomorrow to Steve Rinaldo on talk about Fords and other classic cars and explain the "F.O.R.D." You're welcome to call if you have a classic car question. Steve is the proud owner of an "A",...

2000 Taurus No Heat
Not getting heat from the vehicle (used to work fine) Have already flushed coolant system and replaced thermostat. Anyone with experience or real knowledge of this problem please help. Links to places...
8
8