Subject Author Posted Replies

98 Ranger: replacing timing belt
2.5 engine, manual trans. The crankcase pulley needs to be removed to get the new belt on. Is the bolt on the pulley left hand or right hand thread?
5
5

2003 Ford Taurus, Transmission
I own a 2003 Ford Taurus (Automatic Transmission). Periodically when I attempt to put the transmission in drive, the car does not respond, as if it were in neutral. If I then pull it all the way back...

95 Crown Vic Rough Idle coding p0171 and p0174 ( lean condition )
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a 1995 Crown Vic LX with 175k miles on it. I first noticed the intermittent problem as a single or double clunk when it shifts from 2nd to 3rd and from 3rd to...
1
1

Does the hose need replaced, or is something else the culprit?
Hello again all! I have been diligantly working on the suggestions (any newcommers please don't hesitate to check out my other topics*mainly about a tapping noise, and horrible gas milage W/ high...

Ford Escort Freedom
Engine cuts out without warning. Restarts immediately. Good tick over. Cannot find any loose wires. Any help please? New battery fitted. Rich

99 sable wiper problem
Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem? I will be driving along and suddenly the wipers come on. I can get it to stop by manually turning them from off to on to off again. Problem...
3
3

2006 Taurus, two questions...horn and door chime
All, I have the following questions regarding my new 2006 Ford Taurus... 1) Where is the horn relay located? Is it in the fuse box under the dash or in the fuse box that is under the hood. Does anyone...
2
2

'81 Econoline left turn signal = L & R flash
Right signal works fine. Left signal triggers both left & right flashers so looks like emergency flasher turned on. From google search to an earlier post this year, kind of suspecting the turn signal...
1
1

Ford Focus 2002 Won't Start
Now that it's getting colder (MN) I had several times that the Focus won't start everything else works fine lights, wipers, fan and radio. I turn the key on and off many times and the starter doesn't...
2
2

Problem with cobra engine.
Hello, I have a problem and hope somebody might help. Recently while I was driving my 99' Mustang Cobra, the engine died on me. I was giving it gas as i normally do, nothing too aggressive and...
2
2

1990 Ford Explorer Problem
I was wondering if some one might have any ideas as to what might be causing the thumping noise coming from my transmission when I shut it down. The sound will sound like something might be bumping...
1
1

ford 6000 cd player
Hi! my cd player keeps on coming up with error 12 can anybody help me fix this problem. Thanks

95 Windstar serpentine belt snapped - won't start after replacement
First some background - this is a 3.8 engine, 1995 Windstar with a heavily diluted antifreeze (mostly water) in North Texas. This Windstar 3.8 engine already had the head gaskets replaced 45K miles...
10
10

88 topaz(tempo)
I just bought this car for a winter beater but the engine never seems to heat up and when it does after like an hour the check engine light comes on and it will stall if i slow down to much. also...
1
1

99 Ford Escort idles low
Hi all, I?m new here and i have very little knowledge about vehicles. Recently, I?ve noticed that my 99 ford escort is idling really low. Whenever my car is stopped or parked it starts to vibrate...
14
14