Subject Author Posted Replies

mercon V fluid in a 2008 Fusion?
Has anyone had personal experience with putting mercon V fluid in a 2008 Fusion? This is the 4 cylinder motor. The transmission is supposed to have the FNR5 Transmission fluid in it, but the guys at...
26
26

Aerostart Starting
OK - We have a '96 for aerostar mini-van; I went to the store the other day, no issues, just like it has been for the 4 years who have owened it, when I can back out - turned the key, and van did not...
3
3

Any favorite tricks for battery terminal care?
Do the baking soda deal bout once a year but the acid slowly creep further up the cables. Is the terminal paint worth the money? TIA
6
6

Spark plug question (97 4.6 T-Bird)
Getting set for smog test so paranoia lurks. Current set of Motorcraft Platinum finewire AGSF32FM have only 15K on them and don't look too bad. Is there a plug that is better or one that might enhance...
26
26

Re: How Ford did it without Bushtard's TARP [Bribe] money
Of which, $10.41 trillion existed by the end of Bushtard's term. In fact, from Carter to Bushtard, the national debt *decreased* under every Democratic administration, and *increased* (dramatically)...
4
4

convertible care
Got a new Mustang convertible. This is my first convertible, so I don't know squat about caring for the top. Do I need to treat it with anything, perhaps a water proofer from a boat store, or...
3
3

Which brand drums, windstar.
I usually go for OEM as much as possible but with 160k on the van and not sure how many miles I have left I think the price is a little steep on the motorcraft drums. Here's the prices I'm looking at...
1
1

Need a new car
Hello all, My wife totaled our 03 Windstar. Of course, we only enjoyed a bout 6 mos of payment freedom. We need a daily driver, so it has to have some room left on the odometer. I'm thinking a 6 cyl...
5
5

octane rating for new 5.0 Mustang
I just got a new 5.0. The dealer said I can use 87 octane fine, but the manual says to use 92 for "best performance". Does the engine detune itself with octane ratings under 92, does it really matter,...
11
11

Aerostar Regular Maintenance
Looks like I'm going to be holding on to this '97 for a few more years. = Can anyone recommend what types of servicing it should have at 130K? = Routine oil & coolant change, lube & tune-ups have been...
1
1

Anybody tried aftermarket headlight bulbs?
I've heard a lot of mixed reviews for aftermarket headlight bulbs. People say the Sylvania is about 30 percent brighter, and the others only change the color of the light without increasing...
5
5

Re: tires?
I will ad this part of the country gets snow for 3 or 4 months a year... from what i see the goodrich's (which i have never had, but a lot of people at work brag them up) dont look to clear mud/snow...
1
1

Mileage drop in winter
Not true. Why would a car maker leave the A/C run when it already has the temperature? Air has almost no moisture at 50 F. So most cars that turn on the A/C for defrost also turn it off at 50 F or so....
40
40

Consumer Reports Calls MyFord Touch Distracting
When the staff tested the 2011 Ford Edge and the 2011 Lincoln MKT, we all felt the new MyFord and MyLincoln Touch systems were over-engineered to the point of annoyance. Consumer Reports weighed in...

Strange disappearing water leak (4.6 in 97 T-Bird)
Pulled up and parked in my driveway and noticed a serious water leak. I would describe it as able to fill a water glass in about three minutes. I had done some repairs to the heater line under the...
5
5