Subject Author Posted Replies

'91 3.8 engine into 2000 Taurus?
I have '91 Taurus Wagon with a really strong 3.8L engine, but extensive rust, and an opportunity to acquire a 2000 Taurus sedan with an excellent body, but a bad 3.0L engine. So, my question is...
3
3

OBD II tool
In the past, I've been looking for an inexpensive but fairly flexible OBD II tool. But sorta gave up for a while. Then this moring I saw an infomercial for this thing called CarMD, and I started...
11
11

96 Ford Crown Vic Strange Problem
First, the numeric entry keypad quit working... And not sure if it happened the same day or not, since the car is mostly driven in the daytime, but sometime shortly after this, i noticed the...
2
2

2000 Tuarus Wagon Rear Rotar - Spindle?
Hello Folks, My 2000 Tuarus Wagon with 84,000mi. is at issue here... Today as I was driving I began hearing a metal on metal scraping sound from my drivers rear wheel. Upon pulling over and...
6
6

Re: U.S. - OWNED GENERAL MOTORS RECALLS 243,000 SUVs! American QUALITY At Work!
It seems that most of the posters of these types of articles are not doing it as a public service to alert readers of the possible dangers that the recalls address, but just more of the anti-American...
11
11

Re: U.S. - OWNED GENERAL MOTORS RECALLS 243,000 SUVs! American QUALITY At Work!
> And I would much rather have a "cosmetically damaged" seat belt in a Saturn than a Mazda that won't steer :-)
2
2

alternator hot, engine off
2006 Ranger, 3.0L The alternator was getting hot with the engine shut off (eventually ran the battery down to zero). Since I suspected it was causing an annoying squeak anyway, I bought and installed...
6
6

2008 Ford Escape: Air Filter Change
Hi. What is the secret to taking the air breather apart to change the air filter? I see the two clips on the top, but not sure how to get the bottom disengaged from the housing. Pull up? Push down?...
3
3

99 Escort spark knocking badly after replacing air filter
Hello, I have a question on my 99 escort. Today I replaced the air filter, the car was running fine and the engine was quite as a sewing machine up untill this point. After I replaced it drove up town...
3
3

'95 Tracer/Escort lighter fuse box
Anyone know how to open the damn thing w/out breaking it? Rob
1
1

Re: "Et tu HONDA?" Yeah, 400,000 [more] Of 'Em Under Recall!
In message , Mike writes Wrong. The warranty is there to get you to trust in the product and buy it. If it were for repairs then firms would be out of pocket just like Mazda with the rotary engine.
1
1

f150 and boxliners
Question... 90% of the trucks or more that i look at in the USA (far south) don't ever seem to have boxliners? Have boxliners just became a canadian standard, or am i missing something. All the trucks...
3
3

Ford powers up for pickup bragging rights
Ford powers up for pickup bragging rights August 5, 2010 - 11:21 am ET Kudos to Ford Motor Co. - those early buyers won't be penalized. Ford announced this week that everyone who purchased a...
19
19

'02 F150 Door Lock
My 2002 F-150 extended cab front passenger side door lock won't open with the remote key fob, so I figured that it's probably the lock actuator that fritzed like the one in my old 1990 model. However,...

Car battery question
My battery is staying fully charged but seems like it has an internal short if that is possible. The car plays dead sometimes. My post and clamps are very clean. Clamps are nice and tight. When the...
6
6