Subject Author Posted Replies

Alternator or regulator?
The charging circuit on the 97 Aerostar finally failed completely. The current had been cycling when running and headlights were on, but was too intermittent to get it checked out. I drove it 1/2 hour...
3
3

"2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Gains Power, Fuel Efficiency"
"2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Gains Power, Fuel Efficiency" "The numbers are in, and they might blow up our computers; they'll certainly mess up a few chassis dynos. The long-awaited 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor,...

'96 Ranger 4.0
Just fixed 2 squeaks under the hood of the long-ranger. First I replaced the belt tensioner which had both bad bearing and worn out pivot. That got part of the noise, but onlt what was masking the...
4
4

Mustang brakes on Taurus
A number of years back there was information on the net about puttinh Mustang Cobra/ Mach 1 / Bullit calipers on Gen 2 to gen 4 Taurus. It involved modifying the FN74 caliper brackets to accept the...
2
2

Rod knock or Lifter noise?
I'm thinking rod knock but want more opinions
1
1

2002 taurus noise
Noise in back of Ford Taurus We have a 2002 Ford Taurus that we bought 4 years ago with about 54000km on it, sporting an almost new set of T rated Tiger Paw Touring tires (about 10,000km on them) The...
2
2

Motor swap
Would a 5.0 engine from a 1996 explorer limited AWD fit in to a 2010 ford f-150?
1
1

Brainless Tesla driver crashes, dies while car in Autopilot mode
My car has the adaptive cruise control. It really works well and I can follow another car for miles with speed changes, braking, and never have to touch the pedals. The sensor though, is mounted on...
3
3

interior problems
I'm building a 1988 EA falcon burnout car and not sure wether to strip interior please help post suggestions
1
1

Battery Indicator Oscillating
For awhile the needle would oscillation between the normal 50-60% position a few degrees after driving a half hour or more with the headlights on. Then I cleaned all the connections in the starting...
9
9

Ford Fusion Canister purge valve recall
For anyone who has had it done, how long did the recall take? I have an appointment to have it done in a week or so. Carl

KEPS & SEMS Ffasterners
Too much info, but interesting if you're into mechanical assembly -- for all the fellers and fellerettes who have helped me out in the past and future.... ... A Keps nut, (also called a K-nut or...
2
2

"Ford F-150 Plug-in Hybrid Possibly Spied Road Testing"
"Ford F-150 Plug-in Hybrid Possibly Spied Road Testing" "Ford may be well ahead in its plans to produce a hybrid model of its F-150 pickup truck ? and a plug-in one, at that." "According to a spy...

Dead Electrical 1996 Ford Ranger
Out of the blue, I turned the key and the started jerked and stopped. Next turn solenoid clicked only. After that no sound on turning key. No radio, panel lights, headlights, etc. My guess at this...
11
11

Power Steering Noise
We'll here we go again. A few years ago I had the rack & pinion replaced along with all the hoses, but the noise was still there. I never was able to learn what was causing it so I just turned the...
2
2