Subject Author Posted Replies

Jump Starter Experience ?
I would like to know what I can expect as far as the usable life of a jump starter. I have had mine for about six years, and now it does not hold a charge making it unusable......
1
1

99 Taurus needs converter?
My 99 Taurus 3.0 ohv conked out for a while when driving on a hot summer day. Sometimes it smells after I park it. Has the converter gone bad at 166k miles?
3
3

Optional Tire?
What am I gaining, or losing, by switching to the optional tire(225 50 17) from the standard (205 55 17) ? I can get a better deal on the options. And would it be crazy or dangerous to have two...
9
9

Replacement Ignition Coils Ford Escape
My 2001 Escape has 75K miles and I am thinking about new spark plugs. This requires several hours of work as the intake manifold must be removed to reach the rear bank. I see that ignition coil...
6
6

No Heater/Air Fan or Cruise
My 2000 Mercury Grand Marque has lost the cruise, and shortly after, the heater/air fan failed. Where to start? Fuses? Help. And Thanks.
1
1

Question about locks and remotes
I just picked up a new key and programmed it for my Mustang. Now I wonder... How unique are the keys? And are the keys 'specific'? Someone once told me GM at some point only had like 50 or 60...
8
8

1994 Escort door lock actuator loose/broken?
The drivers side door on my Ford Escort is utterly jammed. Have the inner door trim removed, so can access some, and have managed to bend the plastic lock cover back to feel the workings of the...
5
5

98 Escort LX drum brakes
1998 Ford Escort LX What size flare nut wrench is needed to remove brake line from rear drum brake cylinder? Also, what size are cylinder mounting bolts? Joe from Massachusetts

Overheating 351W-Help!
My 1990 E150 van with a 351W overheats after about 15 minutes of driving. It rises to the midpoint after about 5 minutes and stays there until I get to about the 15 minute point. then the gauge goes...
26
26

What do you know about Ford Ranger?
I have been wondering if a Ford Ranger would be good for pulling my 15' fishing boat. What engines come in these pickups - about a 2001 model- and do they have good durability and reasonable...
7
7

98 mustang wheel hot
Girlfriend has a '98 mustang and one of the front wheels is running a good bit hotter than the others. I don't seem to hear any unusual noises. I have (post wheel getting hot) replaced the front pads...
5
5

Re: A few highlights from the first 500 pages of the Healthcare bill in congressSPAMMER
"The Mystic" "AFFORD" doesn't qualify for the Ford Autos Newsgroup you halfwit

1996 Explorer Antenna Replacement - Eddie Bauer
I've just replaced the power antenna, as I thought the motor was shot, but the antenna will not go up and down. I attached the wires, but I think there may be problems with the wires that lead out...

Dear Hansel BMW - BAR Complaint
From the desk of: Alan B. Mac Farlane, M.A. P.O. Box 9554 Santa Rosa, Ca 95405 (707) 541-7062 ______________________________________________________________ Bureau Of Automotive Repair August 28, 2009...
3
3

1999 taurus Doors
I have a '99 Taurus which needs a back left door. Can anyone tell me which years are interchangeable with the '99?
2
2