Subject Author Posted Replies

Battery Died Suddenly
Battery went from working fine day after day and then suddenly nearly dead the next day. Connections, wiring, etc. all checked out OK. Voltage dropped from 12V to under 6V while trying cranking. I...

new passenger side mirror for your 2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
So, lets say that you needed a new passenger side mirror for your 2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, would you buy it from Ford Parts for $257.13 ? Or from Amazon for $183.95 ? Thanks, Lynn
2
2

best tires for edge?
2013 Ford Edge - has Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires, 18" wheels. Freeway tracking and high speed curve handling is very light, had to air down from 35 to 32 to improve on-center feel. Appreciate any...
6
6

Replace dome and license plate lights 2014 ford focus SE
So looking to replace the dome lights and license plate lights with LED's. Found a few youtube videos However a few comments say it won't work on the 2014 that the 2014 has a integrated light module,...

Sync not downloading phonebook
Hi All, I have a new (to me) 2014 Focus SE. I connected my phone - LG G4 - to sync. I go to download phonebook, and it takes maybe a good 3 minutes. But it only adds like 2 entries (literally. Maybe...

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis keyless entry fob replacement?
It finally happened: as of a few days ago, the keyless entry fob for my 199 8 Mercury Grand Marquis no longer works. The battery is a fresh Energizer coin cell of the proper size. By "fresh" I mean I...
10
10

Taurus door switches
My wife's 2002 Taurus SEL has been exhibiting strange behaviour lately. Driving down the road, the doors unlock and lock, and the door ajar light flashes. When parkedwith the doors locked, the...

Control arm bushing
Welp..... first I sent to my regular mechanic who said boot was torn, but bushing was OK. I saw the torn bushing while on the lift and looked around and specifically asked about bushings because I was...
28
28

Snow tire season
Just mounted and installed my Hakkepeliita R2 SUV 235/70-16 tires onSprtrt-trac alloys on my '96 Ranger. I had the afternoon off and it wasn't raining, so I figured it was a good time. Compared to the...

Tire Tread Noise?
I had PS860's on the car and had good use out of them. Did not notice any tread noise. This time I put PS850's on the front and they sing like snow tires. Will need to replace back tires also, so I'll...
7
7

2006 Explorer
Ref 2006 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0 6cyl. The engine is now making 3-5 revolut ions before it starts, then runs good. Took it to a shop and everything ch ecked good on the diagnostic machine. Mechanic...
16
16

Lights cycling bright / dim
When idling, headlights are fluctuating from normal brightness to slightly dim. Ammeter shows the same cycling, staying on the positive side. Any idea what could be causing it. Engine RPM is staying...
4
4

OBD2 tool - not the only way to reset or troubleshoot
All the online sources and advice say that you can only reset the CEL using and OBD2 diagnostic tool. That may be for some cars, but with my my Ford 3.0, the PO401 code (insufficient EGR exhaust flow)...
4
4

Check Engine Light on Aerostar
Must be obvious but I'm missing something ---- how do you get to the bulb to change it? Signed, In the dark as usual
4
4

Chjinese Pressure/Vacuum Checker
Picked up one of these at Harbor Freight today. $16, less the usual 20% coupon. I just wanted the gauge for a one-time test so I figured it was worth a chance. Package was sealed so I expected the...
1
1