Subject Author Posted Replies

PO402 Vulcan 3.0 OHV
Just started receiving this code today. Ideas of what to start checking would be appreciated. Thanks, Sam
4
4

Chain Auto Repair Shops Upselling
You should have bailed when he said it was a better tire with no other explanation. I'm fortunate to have a small independent tire shop in town that really takes care of customers. He's been taking...
2
2

Plug Wire & Coil Checking
What's a good way to test plug wires and coil without buying new parts? Parts stores around here only sell full sets of wires. I guess I could get one from a junk yard but would still want to test it....
12
12

EGR Valve
Welp! One more Saturday project coming up. OBD2 showed EGR valve insufficient flow. Will test it with vacuum today, but I suspect it's plugged up. It has a 1996 date on it.... I can already see that...
7
7

Plug to Coil Wiring
Probably a stupid question .... are these connections correct for a 97 Aerostar 3.0?
1
1

poor mechanic --
On my way home from our hangar lunch at the airport I found a poor guy sitting at the side of the road with the hood of his late-sixties Mustang looking a bit bewildered. I pulled over to see if I...
1
1

noisy lifter on start up ford taurus 2000
Just yesterday my 2000 v-6 Ford Taurus started making what sounds like loud lifters or something under the frnt vlve cover. Oil level is full. It does go away after about 15 -20 minutes. What could...
1
1

Barely Passed Smog
The old monster passed again. All flying colors with wide margins, except for the 15mpg NO -- was right at the 550ppm (I'm guessing from memory) maximum. 25mpg was well under that limit. Outside of...
3
3

Headlights oscillating
This just started.... or at least I just noticed it. With the headlights on dim and engine warmed up and idling, the brightness cycles from normal to slightly dim. Cycle time is around a second. When...
21
21

Engine mulfunction light came on with a picure of car skidding any ideas it is a
it is a ford galaxy 7 seater car is still running but engine mulfunctionlight with a car skidding came up on the dashboard
2
2

replaced tension pulley and idler pulley
tension pulley does not turn when engine is running
4
4

Monster Garage
Anybody watch this show? I just learned about it tonight. The project was to convert an SUV into a garage truck with the robotic arm. Kind of offbeat, but entertaining. And nice to see something...
7
7

spark plug changes
How often do most of you change your spark plugs, if at all?
4
4

Are bolt kits used in Taurus/Sable sub frame mount recall kits compatable with MN12 TBird, Cougar, Mark VIII bodies??
Are bolt kits used in 1989-1995 Taurus/Sable sub frame mount recall kits compatable with the MN12 body TBird, Cougar, Mark VIII ??

Big Brakes on Ford Ranger
I just installed 12 inch rotors on my '96 rwd Ranger. When I got it, with stock 14 inch tires and stock brakes, it was definitely under-tired. Then I put on 16 inch rims and 225/70-16 Michelin tires -...
7
7