Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: 300 I-6 timing gear
the heavy duty 6 300 should have steel timing gears in it. they swindled you by putting fiber gear made for cars in it. ----------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Here's a new plan for Big Three to prosper
Consumers had irrational allegiance to one of the 3 American car makers in the past. One time or another, all of the 3 made big goofs. Yet, the allegiance still stuck. So did the name calling that was...

Re: 2007 Tires on Focus
The sticker is a guideline only for comparison purposes.... but you knew that, right? The EPA figures are derived from some very closely monitored conditions... But you knew that too, right? If the...

Re: 2007 Tires on Focus
Might be the driver's heavy foot also??? DaveD

Re: 300 I-6 timing gear
That was not an uncommon problem in the 300I6. The solution is to replace with an alloy timing gear. I have one in an 82 F250, the phenolic gear lasted about 180k and was still useable but I replaced...

Re: Is the compensation number accurate or misleading?
aw, cut me some slack, will ya?? you ever try to do anything when you are older than dirt, it is pouring rain for 3 weeks straight, the truck is outside, and you have a ankle with 6 broken bones in...

Re: More on the bailout
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:55:44 -0500, "Derek Gee" wrote Re Re: More on the bailout: Good article. Thanks.

Help with 95 Taurus not starting
I wonder if you guys have any Ideas. I am also searching through past posts for Ideas. This is about my 6th day at the state DOT garage, and my self and another guy started at the same time. We'll...
1
1

Re: More on the bailout
That's what happens when the bean counters take over. It started with Roger Smith, who said that GM is not in business to make cars, they're in business to make money. Since then they haven't figured...
1
1

Question on similar obd trouble codes
My Taurus has been showing 171 and 174 for a while but now it has added 1131 and 1151. All of these indicate lean mixture on both banks. What is the difference?
1
1

95 Contour Digital Clock
Hello: Can anyone tell me how to remove the clock from the dash? Thanks!

Re: Canada follows US in Bailout; what about Mexico?
No, I mean shouldn't Mexico be chipping in a few billion?

Re: Is the compensation number accurate or misleading?
I don't think a dishwasher would ever make as much as a doctor or someone in skilled trades unless the dishwasher applied himself, got a better or more education in a particular field, and changed...

Re: 2000 F350 5.4 no start.
in article 492c41cd$0$4899$ Tom at wrote on 11/25/08 10:18 AM: usually, diesels have two battery ... for 130 amps of cranking power, and heating the coil as well as the fuel heater. ALSO ... you must...

Re: 1997 Mustang GT getting oil into cooling system
When I've had coolant in the oil, it shows up first as a milky foam looking substance on the oil cap. If you've got something that vaguely resembles dirty mayo on the inside of your oil cap, or along...