Subject Author Posted Replies

Big Brakes on Ford Ranger
I just installed 12 inch rotors on my '96 rwd Ranger. When I got it, with stock 14 inch tires and stock brakes, it was definitely under-tired. Then I put on 16 inch rims and 225/70-16 Michelin tires -...
7
7

OT Parts ID
Maybe someone here will recognize this for me: Top view Oblique view It was found in the parking lot outside our local tennis courts, and the speculations of what it is are running wild. I (and a few...

Aerostar again
Pulling to the right hard. Tire pressure OK. Lugs all tight. Nothing obviously loose underneath. Bushings look good. Any ideas what to check before I head to the mechanic?
24
24

Crown Vic police 2005 would only start after key on for 3 min. Now no start!
For over a year car would only start with key on assecioary, for several minutes Had a new starter put in same prob. Now doesn't do anything but make a clicking noise under the hood we don't have much...
16
16

Donut Derelicts in HB
I had to drive up the coast from San Diego super early this morning. Freeway was backing up so I hopped off at Harbor Blvd and took Adams, planning to jump on PCH and on up to Long Beach. About 7:30am...
3
3

1968 mercury cyclone parts swap
I have a 1968 mercury cyclone fastback. What parts from a1968 ford fairlane or Torino will fit:fender,doors,hood,trunk,etc.? I appreciate any help. Thank you

swapping parts with 1968 mercury cyclone
I have a 1968 mercury cyclone. What body parts from a 1968 ford fairlane or torino will fit: fenders, hood,doors, trunck, etc.? I appreciate any help.I have heard drive train parts will fit. Thank...

Engine Shops
What's a good way to find a reputable shop to R/R & rebuild an engine? Planning to do the head but if not that much more will do the whole thing. Regular minor repair mechanic doesn't know anyone.
12
12

Fusion PAM programming?
2008 Fusion My rear sensing parking Aid system has died with the messages "check parking aid" and "parking aid data error". I ordered a new PAM module but it came with sticker that says "programming...

Radiator Cap with Bleed Lever
I'm just wondering what you folks think about regular rad cap vs the ones with the pressure relief lever? The one I'm looking at is for a 98 Ford Ranger 3.0. I've used both and like the idea behind...
3
3

gauges on 88thunderbird
88 THUNDERBIRD GAUGES STOPPED WORKING. GAS, TENP, OIL PRESSURE AND A/c don't work anymore. What sould I look for Pls respond to e-mail with answer
4
4

Buick with leaking head gasket
"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message news: Put a bottle of K-Seal in yesterday and let it idle it for 20 minutes. When we started it up, I did notice white smoke coming out the exhaust. Then...
7
7

Aerostar Head Gasket Replacement
Any way to remove enough of the body so that the a head gasket can be replaced without pulling the engine out thru underneath? Probably not - just wondering....
16
16

Power windows
I have a 2002 F-150 with 4.2 V6. When I stop for a red light or stop sign, the engine surges up and down and I have to put the truck in neutral. A while back at a red light, I put the truck in drive...

96 Aerostar hood liner fire
I'm stumped with this one. What do you fellers think could have cause a spark? No damage. I'm not taking a chance in my shade tree skills with this one, but have to use the car tomorrow around town...
14
14