Subject Author Posted Replies

New or Used Mustang?
What would you call a better bang for the buck? A new mustang for $30,000 or used one for $1500. I'm trying to figure out if I came out better with customizing my own car or should I have went with...
3
3

Re: GM Closes 4 Suv and Truck Plants
who gives a flying fiddlers fart?? this is a ford newsgroup. if you want to post this drivel, do it in a general motors newsgroup.

Ford Issues Most Pathetic Press Release Of All Time, Offers Employee Pricing On All F-Series Trucks
Seriously, this is an actual press release out of Dearborn today. Yes, the same day Ford revealed the Ford F-150 lost the crown of America's best-selling vehicle to the Honda Civic as well as a 16%...
3
3

Ford F series loses title as top-selling vehicle in May
Ford F series loses title as top-selling vehicle in May Richard Truett Automotive News June 3, 2008 - 2:17 pm ET The Ford F-150 pickup truck has been dethroned as America's favorite vehicle for the...
38
38

Headrest replacement for 2005 Escape
I've been dealing with this horrible headrest for a couple of years now and just can't deal with how uncomfortable it is because of its being too far forward, without the ability to adjust...
1
1

Drunk in Grand Marquis crashes through a Mexican bicycle race.
Here's the story with a picture. My '88 is the same color. I had an accident on the way home from work Friday and my driver's side bumper and fender look like I could have done this. The guys at work...
1
1

Cold weather miss-fire problem - 86 Crown Vic
Last winter I reported a miss-fire-under-load problem in my 86 Crown Vic with 302 V8. Installing new plugs and wires didn't help. Not knowing what to replace next, I kept on driving it. Just couldn't...

Looking for short-housing rear axle
Hello all, I need a rear axle to chop up into a gearbox but it needs to be compact and most later ones I've seen have long pinion casings. Does anyone know off hand of any that are short, like old...

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
I've always found it less expensive to fill the top of the tank than the whole tank. Maybe I'm just a little anal about having enough fuel to get home when some idiot crashes and burns during my...

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
Were they permanant magnet motors?? SteveL

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
I brought that very idea up to an idiot on a forum, he didn't believe me at all. I don't know anything, I just work on electric motors for a living, no cooling, no working... SteveL

Re: Hey, Bush! What's That Great Sucking Sound? 30,000 Jobs, $3 Billion Ford Plant -- To Mexico?
Who does Ford think they are, Toyota, Honda? Where do they get the idea they can import three or four of the individual models they sell in the US, from countries like Canada and Mexico? OOPS sorry my...
5
5

Expedition Bi-Fuel conversion
My 2003 Expi came with the Triton 5.4 motor. This motor was also offered as a bi-fuel version, gasoline and compressed natural gas. I can't seem to find what parts I need to convert mine to a bi-fuel...

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
This angle actually could have some validity. Back during the gasoline crisis of the 70's, related to the Arab oil embargo, I heard it claimed that one of the factors that caused the shortage was...
8
8

Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?
As I understand it this concern mostly applies to older systems that included a return line, not more modern systems that use returnless systems and variable delivery pumps. The concern is that...
1
1