Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 Windstar pings
Light pinging under load just started recently... using premium unleaded gas and have tried STP gas treatment but problem persists. Anything I should look at? 98 Windstar 3.8L 196k
3
3

Ford Extended Warranty Claim Denied w TSB! (ESPP - premium care)
I've got an 01 F-150, extended cab, 4wd. 60k miles. It has a Ford ESPP (premium care) until 75k miles. This is Ford's most inclusive (and expensive) warranty) Recently the truck developed a "clunk" in...
15
15

'97 Taurus freeze plugs/coolant bypass recall
Hi All, Can someone tell me what this coolant bypass looks like? Trying to find out if the recall was done on this car. The dealer ran the VIN and it shows no recalls active. The freeze plugs I can...
1
1

E350 gas tank question.
I have a E350 Ford Van that has a bad fuel pump. I have to drop the tank to replace the pump. And thanks to Ford you can't get to the pump without dropping the guess who just filed up with gas right...
10
10

St. Louis mechanics' strike
Anyone got the scoop on the dealership mechanics' strike in St. Louis? The dealership that services my car is out on strike, and I just took it to another dealership in the next county for servicing...

93 Mustang 4cyl-timing belt replacement
I read through the original owners manual and don't see any recommended mileage for replacing the timing belt. Does anyone know if there is a recommended mileage for changing the belt? Car currently...
8
8

96 Taurus radio muting while in gear
Help, I have a 96 taurus with a factory am/fm cass. When I put the car in gear (rev, drive) the radio cuts out. Sometimes it will come back on, sometimes it won't. Also sometimes the power steering...
1
1

seat cushion foam
The driver seat in my 94 Escort is need of a new foam cushion. The cover is in very good condition, however. I'd like to get the foam only . Any one have a source for it?
2
2

1996 Ford Contour Idles Rough
Hey guys My 96 Contour GL (4 cylinder Zetec 2.0 Litre) runs rough when idling. I mean i start the car, idles high for a moment, then standard idling is fine. I put it in Reverse, and back out of my...
1
1

88 tempo will not shift
Howdy I have a 88 ford tempo with a 4cly and a auto transmission .My question is I can shift to reverse and drive but when driving it will not shift to second and third the car has been sitting for 6...
4
4

1996 ford contour shifter (auto)
hello, the automatic trans shifter lever button on my 96 contour GL (4 cyl 2.0L) sticks when its in PARK, i have to smack it with my fist to get it to engage so i can change to R or DRIVE, no problem...
2
2

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis FOB reprogramming
Howdy, I need to get a new FOB for my 96 Merc Grand Marquis and needed to know if there is a procedure I can use to re-program the computer to accept the remote or if I need to take it to the dealer....

Windstar LX and gas smell with A/C on
I have a 2000 Windstar LX and often, not every time, when the A/C has been on for a while, I get a strong smell of gasoline in the car. The last time it happened it was very hot out and the smell was...
2
2

1977 LTD II Fuel Sending Unit
We just inherited a 1977 LTD II and need to replace the fuel sending unit. But I'm not finding this part anywhere. Is it perhaps listed by some other name...or is it sold as part of the fuel pump...
7
7

86 Ford E150 Van Heater Core
I have a question for other backyard mechanics out there, My heater core in my van sprung a leak over the summer, my A/c dont work anymore, could I bypass the Heater core and use the evaporator core...
2
2

Code P0421. What does that mean?!
My daughter's Ford Probe: 1996. About 140K, 2.0 liter, 4 cyl, automatic. All this shouldn't really matter. I think this "check engine" code is standard for any Ford. The counter person at Advance Auto...
5
5

Temperature Sensor Resistance 85 302
I am putting a 302 V8 into an MGB. It's out of an 85 Mustang. It's not EFI. What is the resistance of the temperature sensor when it allows the fan to turn on? I bought a fan with controller, but it...
1
1

Fuel Injector problem. 1.8 Escort
Having a problem with fuel injectors on 1993 Escort GT,2 of the injectors are working fine , the ones on the # 1 and 3 cylinders. But the ones on # 2 and 4 are doing nothing.Have swap them with the...
1
1

Missing ABS on Aerostar
I am the orignal owner of a 1995 Aerostar. Recently I had to make my first ever hard stop in the vehicle - the wheels locked up and the car skidded sideways off the roadway. Luckily no one was hurt....
11
11

2002 Taurus transmission fluid change - how much?
I'm doing my first transmission filter and fluid change. How much fluid will I need to refil after changing? Thanks, Doug W.
2
2