Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

EGR Valve Function
The EGR valve richens the mixture _____________________________________________ "MasterBlaster" wrote: Thank God you don't work on cars for a living. Perhaps you could explain how Recirculating a...
5
5

Alternator Doesn't Work
The RAC mechanic that rescued me off the intersection last week told me that although my battery was fine, it was dead flat because the alternator isn't charging the battery at all. In the middle of a...
9
9

bad shimmy in front end of a 2004 Ford Windstar
my 2004 Ford windstar started to have a bad shimmy in the front end when I accelerate the steering wheel shakes very bad. The van seems to pull to both sides but mostly to the right if anybody might...
2
2

Ford Ranger, 1999, door ajar warning
Where is the switch that senses a door being ajar -- I can't seem to find it. Is it inside the door where it is operated by the door latch mechanism ? Tnx Jim H. -- Message posted using information at
4
4

P1633 code - KAM keep alive memory voltage too low
Hi I just purchased an 02 Explorer - the check engine light is on - took it to my local mechanic (closest ford dealer is 50 miles) - his equipment read a P1633 error code from the computer - his book...
1
1

96 Taurus, trunk won't stay open
My daughter has a 1996 Ford Taurus and the trunk on her car won't stay open. It's not too bad on level ground, but if back end of the car is tilted at all it constantly drops and hits us in the head....
7
7

lights stuck on, 2000 mazda b3000 (ranger 3liter v6)
recently arrived home. the skies were graying, so i easily noticed white backup lights were stuck on (these lights are a pair, located in the "3rd eye" assembly, at rear of the cab roof, above back...
3
3

Air Pump Check Valve Leading to the Heads
My air pump check valve (Ford: E9VE-9A487-AB) that attached to the pipe leading to the heads broke off the pipe at the nut on my 93 Mustang GT. When I attempted to remove the nut off the pipe, I...

2006 Expedition Transmission Fluid Change
Our 2006 Expedition is coming due for its 1st Transmission Fluid change. I have a Pickup truck (different make) where I do the transmission fluid change myself, so I want to go ahead and do it myself...
1
1

Transit Connect towbar
Hi all I have just fitted a tow bar to my Transit connect van i have run the electric up to the the nearside light cluster but have no idea what wires to connect to. Dose any one know ? do i have to...
1
1

Lean Fuel Mixture on 1995 Ford Thunderbird can I manually adjust Air/Fuel Mix?
I have a 1995 Ford Thunderbird - it has 82k miles. 3.8L - 6 cylinder I recently started to experience a lack of power when I try to accelerate from stop (for instance when I hit the gas at a stop...
2
2

1988 F150 Sloppy Steering
The play in my steering wheel was about 3-4 inches on each side of center. I replaced the steering gear with a rebuilt from Advanced and now the play is about 1 inch on each side of center. I was...
4
4

Lincoln Town Car - autolamp question
I have a Lincoln Town Car (2001) which has the autolamp facility - but the lights turn on at quite a high ambient a light level. The dashboard sensor is clean and not covered by anything. Does anyone...
1
1

Windstar Radio and sliding doors have stopped working help
Hello. I have a 1999 Windstar SEL. While I was trying to install a flip down dvd player I crossed a wire and now my factory radio and sliding doors have stopped working. I looked at the normal radio...

How to adjust speedometer, 96 Grand Marquis
Ok, I swapped out my bad diff (3.27 non locking) with a 3.73 trac-loc. Car is running perfectly now, except for the speedometer (of course). This car has the digital dash board. How do I adust the...
2
2

1961 Ford Falcon Steering Column
I need a steering column for a three speed 1961 Ford Falcon 2-door station wagon. Help. It's for my son, cause something in his broke over the weekend. You can also call me at home, 707-942-4767. I...
2
2

wheel alignment specification '95 mercury villager
Can some one provide mi with wheel alignment specifications for '95 Mercury Villager/Nissan Quest? This car is in Europe and in the repair stations they don't have specs in theirs computers to do...

Location of DLC on 94 Taurus
I borrowed a code reader but can't find where to plug it in. Does anyone know? It's not on Google , not in the owner's manual or in the Haynes Manual I bought. Thanks for any info, Drew P. Droz
3
3

Ford Windstar , Freestar and Mercury Montery Trans problems.
I heard there are alot of problems with 1999 - 2003 Windstar Van Auto Transmissions and 2004 - 2007 Ford Freestar Van and Mercury Monterey Van Transmissions. I heard that they won't make it to 50,000...

Ford Escort Intermittent Starting Problem
Hi All, I have a 98 Ford Escort Wagon LX, which has given me starting problems, both times after going through a Car Wash. The engine doesn't crank, the battery looks good (all lights are bright)....
3
3