Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Finding '99 Mustang 35th anniversary in Kelly Blue Book?
How can I search kelly blue book to see the value of a 35th anniversary '99 Mustang ? It's a coupe but that's all I know about it. KBB doesn't have an option where I can choose this model car. The...
1
1

1984 Ranger backfires through exhaust
I have a 1984 Ford Ranger with manual transmission and it backfires from the exhaust (very loud) sometimes when I back off the accelerator kick. It does this mostly changing gears between 2nd and 3rd.
4
4

ford gas milage
lmfao ford thinks of one thing the cheapest and quickest way if ford wants coustomers it would build something RELIABLE hurc ast
2
2

1998 Ford taurus- check engine light
Hello all I have some bad news abuot my car. The check engine light came on about 3 days ago and I had no symptoms, the Car drove and rode fine. Nothing changed Now the engine is over heating and the...
8
8

Falcon Bonnet Bird
Looking for an early chrome falcon bonnet mascot, I can get a fiber glass painted type but would prefer a metal chromed type. This is for a project by a group of young blokes to rebuild a 64 falcon...
4
4

headlight adjustment
I have a 2001 ford cougar and am trying to adjust the vertical alignment of the headlights after having had to replace both bulbs a few weeks ago. I have identified the adjusting screws but there...

Disable daytime running lights?
2001 Crown Victoria. Normally not a problem, but whenever there is heavy moisture in the air or it is raining they come on by themselves when the vehicle is running and you can't turn them off. I own...
22
22

87 Thunderbird misfiring
Hi all! I have an 87 T-Bird, 186,xxx miles, V-6, auto. About 2-3 months ago, it developed a slight misfire when driving between 35-50mph (in town traffic). If it does it at highway speed, it is not as...
2
2

Washer Fluid Filter?
My washer fluid resevoir was leaking, was frequently filling it up not realizing this. Last time I filled it up I was out again within a few days, filled it up and took a look at the hose going from...
8
8

wanted: super deluxe protective car cover
I have inherited my fathers 2002 Ford Thunderbird which he asked me to keep, never sell. So I want to protect it the very best that I can. I need a protective car cover that would keep all moisture...
1
1

1996 Fuel gauge and miles to empty problems
I just bought a 1996 Taurus GL V6. The gas gauge always reads full and below the gauge the miles to empty (I think) always reads 0. The gauge will drop to empty when the car is turned off, but once it...

Ford 302 F150 timing chain/distributor help please!!
story: Ford pickup suddenly stopped running, though several months before I had replaced a leaking timing chain cover, new water pump etc. - I noticed the chain was very loose, but I was ignorant and...
3
3

97 Taurus Heater Core Flush/Replace?
I have had very low or no heater/defroster hot air output on my 97 Taurus GL wagon (3.0 liter Vulcan with AC) since I used some Prestone Stop Leak to (successfully) control a slow loss of coolant...
12
12

Motorcraft BXT-59 Maintenance Free Battery.
I have a 97 LX T Brd. with 3.8 (6) Cyl. Engine with 12,050 miles since new. Deliveried on 11/11/97. Battery appears to be OK but the sight hydrometer has red ball. All other batteries that I've had...
4
4

1997 Ford Aspire ignition wire sequence
On my 1997 Ford Aspire, I suspect that my spark plug wires are in the wrong sequence on the distributor cap. When I'm standing in front of the open car hood near the driver's side, looking down at the...
3
3

mercury sable hard to start - sometimes
I have had this problem for the past couple of months with a 1994, 3.8 Mercury Sable. From time to time, after sitting hot for some time the car is hard to start. It will start eventually, but takes...
2
2

98 Windstar:Low Beams not working
Both headlights stopped working in the low beam mode. The day time running lamps work fine, and hi-beam works, but the low-beams do not work at all. I've checked the fuses and replaced one bulb, but...
2
2

95 Taurus 3.0 Low RPM Rattling
I have a 1995 Taurus SE with the 2V 3.0L V6. When the car is in gear or in park and the A/C is on (basically when the engine's turning at less than about 1000 RPMs), you can hear a metallic rattling...
5
5

Distributor Won't Go in, 351M Ford
I have a 351M Ford truck engine. I'm replacing the distributor* (which is the one vacuum-advance type). I removed the old distributor, and now I'm trying to insert the new one. That's the problem. The...
14
14

Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) '98 Escort - NG?
I have no a/c compressor clutch engagement. I tapped the CCRM and the a/c came (cold as ice) on for about 8 minutes and then died. The next day the same thing. Now when I tap the CCRM the a/c won't...
2
2