Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help needed with part # on power window motor
Hi, I have a power window motor and would like to find out what type and year of vehicle it goes to, as I can't remember what I took it out of. Does anyone here work at a ford dealership that can put...

2000 FORD Expedition blower motor comes on after ignition turned off.
The A/C Heater works fine. The Heater responds properly to the controls when the ignition is on. However, when you turn the ignition off, the blower motor will come on till the battery runs completely...

Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis advice needed
Hello, I'm looking to purchase a newer model Crown Vic/Grand Marquis. I've owned a '91 5.0 for the past 9 years and got quite used to it's straight forward design, dependability, and ease of doing...

radio amp location F37F-19B165-AE
Hello, I have a new to me '94 Explorer 2-door 4wd with the factory am/fm/cassette player ... DNR on the door (I was told that means there is a seperate amplifier someplace). Everything powers on ......

Why rough ride in an '03 Crown Vic taxi with 50K miles?
I drive a 2003 Crown Vic as a taxicab in San Francisco. It has 50,000 miles on it. I think that it came with some of Ford's taxi enhancements, but I'm not sure. For some clues about the car's...
15
15

92 Taurus EGR and Bushings questions
My brother the original owner just gave me a 92 Taurus GL with 71,000 miles on it. It seems to be in great shape except for two things. When I accelerate hard and the engine is under a light load or...
3
3

removing rack and pinion
1998 Mercury Sable 24V station wagon. (AKA Ford Taurus.) The power steering rack and pinion (Haynes calls it a steering gear) is leaking power steering fluid out of the left tie rod boot. Is there any...
2
2

1997 thunderbird,shift interlock,signals,hazard lights trouble
When the car was purchased, coolant was low and low coolant light was on. The car was very difficult to get out of park. Hazard lights did not work. The car was put into the shop and the coolant was...
4
4

90 Ford Escort 1.9 EFI - KOEO and KOER Codes
I ran a scan on my car this morning. All of the descriptions have at least one condition for an EGO fault or a fuel condition. I think I'm going to replace the EGO, any thoughts? Thanks! Matt KOEO:...
15
15

1989 Lincoln Towncar 5.0L EFI Fuel Pressure Relief
I am replacing the fuel filter on my 1989 Lincoln TownCar that has the 5.0 liter w/EFI. Looking at the shop manual it tells me to relieve the fuel line pressure with a relief valve that is located on...
5
5

Ford Windstar (96) and Ford Escort (99) lighther/cigar not working for charging
Well, seems my Windstar and my son's Escort have the same problem - the lighter. My Windstar lighter went belly up on me on Saturday. All fuses have been checked and are good. I use a plug in CD...
2
2

2003 Ford Taurus water on passenger floor
Hi there ... Say ... I have a new 2003 Ford Taurus ... Last week we had a pretty good downpour and I noticed that the carpet in the passenger side footwell was absolutely soaked. Don't think I left...
4
4

'99 Windstar Coolant Flush
My '99 Windstar just hit 45K miles and the service guide calls for a coolant 'flush and fill'. My local repair shop (Pep boys) wants $80 for the service. I decided to do it myself, but I have 2...
4
4

squeaking noise from rear wheel
Hi there, While driving sometimes I hear a squeaking noise from the left rear wheel (most probably). It happens even if I am not using the brakes. I also noticed that the wheel is hotter than the...
2
2

97 Lincoln Continental air suspension
I think all you troubleshooters are gonna love this one: On a trip last week I noticed the compressor on my 97 Lincoln Continental air suspension was running a bit more than usual. I passed it off to...
4
4

'83 Grand Marquis Engine noise
Hey people...... it's a 302 with EFI. I've wondered about some strange engine noise since I started driving this car (about 2 years now). My household has had the car for 18 of it's 20 (or 21?) year...
7
7

2000 Ranger Brake warning light.
My 2000 Ranger haas the brake light on and the speedometer reads 0 until you get up around 30mph. Brakes seem fine. Both problems started at same time. Any ideas?
1
1

Endura E Tappets
How often do the tappets need ajusting on an endura e 1300cc engine in my 2000 fiesta mk5. How do i know they need it? Sounds fairly quiet when ticking over with slight tappet noise when doing about...
1
1

Resistance Across Positive & Negative Cables
After disconnecting the battery, should there be any conductivity across the positive and negative battery cables? Thanks! Joe
26
26

Digital dashboard in a 99 Grand Marquis
Quick one for you guys... I've got the Lite-Brite instrument cluster (digital) in my car, but it's green (along with radio/climate control/clock/other lights) I'd like to change everything to blue....
3
3