Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1995 Ford Escort clunking sound coming from right front
I have a 1995 Escort LX (1.9L) sedan. There is a clunking noise coming from the right front. It hear it when I accelerate from a stop at a traffic light/stop sign. I also hear it when I go over bumps....
6
6

2001 Taurus wants to stall
I have a 2001 Taurus and it acts like it is about to stall when I?m stopped or it?s idling. A little gas and it goes. Nothing else is wrong with the car as far as I know aside from some light...
2
2

91 Ranger Oil Pressure problem
I just had my clutch replaced in my '91 Ranger 4x4, and while they were in there, the mechanics replaced the rear main oil seal. Now the oil pressure gauge (not idiot lights. This one has gauges)...
4
4

Ford Marine Interceptor Y Block
In a collection we are currently selling for an estate, something cropped up that I haven't seen before. It is a Ford "Interceptor" V8 inboard engine that is in the "Y" block family. People who worked...
7
7

76 E250 with 460 CID timing gears mod
I have owned this customized Van Since new. It still is a show van. Originally the only engine mods were headers, shift kit and 429 timing gears. After 120K miles the engine was overhauled along with...
5
5

2006 E350 Transmission Downshift Jerk
I recently purchased a new 2006 E350 SD Cutaway. 5.4 liter, Automatic, Gas. When stopping the vehicle the transmission jerks as it downshifts into first gear just as it is coming to a complete stop....
2
2

2006 Taurus, two questions...horn and door chime
All, I have the following questions regarding my new 2006 Ford Taurus... 1) Where is the horn relay located? Is it in the fuse box under the dash or in the fuse box that is under the hood. Does anyone...
2
2

'96 Ford Taurus. ? Shouldn't EGR valve open ?
I?m at my in-laws for thanksgiving so I volunteered to help them fix their ?96 Ford Taurus but I?m a little puzzled and need some expert help. Failing smog test: There seems to be a problem with the...
16
16

98 Grand Marquis rattle in exhaust system
My 98 Grand Marquis makes a rattleing noise when the engine runs. It would seem that there is something loose inside the muffler. Anyone know what it could be? It is not a rattle due to going over...
9
9

97 Ford Aspire E.G.R Valve Control
Anybody know where can I find this thing....the mechanic said it's for solenoid. The check engine light turns on for this reason.
1
1

UK Ford Fiesta Idle Problem ...
Hi all Have a 1.25 Zetec S Ford Fiesta Ghia on an R plate. A few weeks ago, it started having idle problems. Basically, when it is thoroughly warmed through - not just warmed up according to the temp...
6
6

2000 Ford Taurus Bad Engine Noise
I have a 2000 Ford Taurus 3.0 OHV that is making a strange engine noise when I accelerate. The sound only happens when I aggressively accelerate, at normal acceleration it doesn't seem to make noise....
6
6

98 Windstar door ajar sensor malfunction
Intermittently my 98 windstar senses a door ajar, and the alarm sensor contiunous bongs. I check all doors and it won't go off. Alarm rings & interior lights stay on until 25km/hr and then go off....
8
8

Why 5W20 Oil?
My 03 Windstar specifies 5W20 oil, which is rather hard to find. Is it really necessary to use this grade? I've always used 5W30 and I have a several jugs of it. Would a different grade invalidate the...
19
19

Getting Check Engine Code without scanner
Hi group, I hope somebody can help me. I find few months ago how to get the check engine without a scanner. I remember it's a TURN ON TURN OFF tric but I don't remember exactly. I hope somebody can...
3
3

How much does a fuel injection service cost?
My car engine stalled once, and the shop recommended a fuel injection service for the price of around 90 bux. Is this a reasonable price and more important is it useful? My car is a 01 Taurus. Thanks
11
11

1996 Taurus/Sable water pump replacement
My local garage mechanic said that the growling sound coming from the rt front of my 96 Sable S/W 3.0 V6 is the water pump bearing starting to fail. He said that eventually water will begin leaking...
11
11

2001 Crown Victoria Fuel Pump
My 2001 Crown Victoria has hard morning starts(((hard start= cranking for 10 seconds..letting go of the key and then engine starts, very hi RPM in the "ON" postition)), but it starts fine for the rest...
2
2

1999 Windstar-stalls at idle
Today my wife's Windstar wouldn't idle when she left work.
1
1

1998 Ford Windstar P0708 code...What's this mean???
My gf's Windstar is acting up...Well...It never stopped acting up...but anyway... The MIL is on (STILL...After 18 months) and spitting out a P0708: Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input code. I...
1
1