Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1998 Crown Victoria turn signal/flasher
Push the flasher switch, nothing happens. Thereafter, the previously fine turn signals are dead. Took it to Firestone, they said they couldn't figure it out, but on the way home the turn signals were...
3
3

Securilock keys/ transponder keys
I want to buy a couple of extra transponder keys for my Ford Freestyle. I?ve seen Ford transponder keys on Ebay, but they?re advertised to be for certain models (e.g., Fird Expedition, 2001-2005, etc,...
5
5

Ford Escape Can't get ignition key out
I don't know if this has come up before. I have a 2005 Escape, after I shut off the car the ignition switch won't turn all the way off and I can't get the key out. If I wait about two minutes it...

Ford Laser water pump replacement
Hi all, I have just replaced the water pump in a KE Laser and have a few questions. As I did not have the luxury of working on the engine out of the vehicle, I have left the plastic cowlings that...

Parking/Emergency Brake on 95 Windstar
The parking brake handle on my 95 Windstar goes all the way up. While the brake engages at the top end, I would prefer 3-5 "clicks" and not 15! The service manual says there is no adjustment possible....
3
3

Ford Ka Radio key code entering problem
Hi all, I have a Ford Ka car. last week I parked the car up in my garage and never used it for 8 days, but had left the interior light on. so flat battery, I removed and charged the battery, and...
1
1

Coil replacement?
Hi, I solved my problem with the IAC valve that was faulty, but I still lack some power. My plugs are relatively new (2500Km). But I checked my coil, and if I trust Haynes manual, my coil needs...
13
13

Trainfan1 -- Rob - got a minute for another question?
Rob First, thanks for the answer on the brake light switch for the 96 Sable.. you were on the money. 1996 Sable - 91K miles. 24 valve 3.0 engine. So.. I have driven the car some 300 miles the last two...
1
1

Lincoln odometer question
I'm looking to buy a use Lincoln, 2001. The milage shown on the digital odometer is 5780. Looking at the odometer, there is a gap, and the number look like this... 5 780 with a small space between the...
5
5

Windstar 2000 problems
My 2000 3.8 Ford Windstar is doing strange things. First, at startup, the seatbelt alarm sounds even with the passengers strapped and the icon in the dash that represents the doors of the van, show an...
3
3

96 mustang coupe with 3.8, Error code P1151
I have a 96 mustang with 3.8.. After topping off fuel tank, I got check engine light which had error code P1151 "manufacturer control fuel / air mixture.. I confirmed gas cap was tight, cleared error...
1
1

hesitation and stalling in 2000 taurus
My first problem in this Taurus. This past week of rain and some chill in Florida my 2000 3 liter v-6 either stalls when cold or hesitates while just starting out in the AM. I hear the belts squeal as...
2
2

2002 Sable RCU
I've seen some post saying 'behind the wheel well, under the radio'. I just don't see it. I've pulled up that stiff carpet stuff as far as I could. Anyone been there?
1
1

Ford Ka Red Key copy puzzle
Hello NG! I have recently purchased a second hand Ka, which came with one key only (the RED key). I have been on holiday to Italy, and asked a nice chap there about having a copy of the key, because I...

Ford Tryout Sets (locksmith tools) forsale
These are brand new Locksmith Tool (Tryout) Sets purchased 3 years ago from AeroLock dotcom for a job which I was promised but then never given. These tools are for servicing the Ford locks, and these...
1
1

Town Car 2003 Cartier Power Trunk Problem
Hello All, I am having a problem with my Town Car. It's a 2003 Lincoln Town Car. With my keyless entry pod, when I press to unlock/lock the doors, everything works fine. But, when I click my pod to...
6
6

1992 Ford Tempo Shifting problems
I have a 1992 Ford Tempo GL automatic (4 Cyl/2.3L) that has started intermittently giving me problems when it tries to automatically shift between lower gears. I have to really press down on the...
3
3

Looking for a Fomoco Luggage set for a 57 Ford Fairlane.
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone may have the 3 piece Fomoco Leather Luggage set for a 57 Ford Fairlane Antique Car.. Please let me know if you have it, or know someone who may. Email me at Thanks,...

Ford Escort and Others - Tire Rotation
I rotated the tires on my Escort and noticed that there was a pull to the right while accelerating over 60 mph. I took the front tires and switched left to right and right to left - no more pulling....

PRODUCTION NUMBERS FOR 1977 LTD 2
DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND HOW MANY FORD LTD 2'S WITH THE STARSKY&HUTCH STRIPE KIT WERE MADE IN 1977?
3
3