help! I don’t know whats wrong with this car

My Ford Futura 94 model is going through water every second day of driving and it becomes a strong smell of burning water, there is no water in the oil so it can?t be a cracked head there is no water leaking from the car running or not. In time i have had this problem before and they replaced the head the problem is back now so what else could it be is there something underlying causing the head to eventually crack and where is the water going :?: Please help I?m sick of paying out money every three months for the same problem :(

Reply to
netty

If you had this problem before, then maybe you do have it again. You could take it back to where you were and go back in time to where you didn't have this problem. Then the water wouldn't be going :?:

Or it could be a different problem. You could have a leaky heater core if you smell burned water. Maybe your windshield is also fogging up from the glycol. Perhaps the carpet is wet from the leak also. White smoke out the exhaust would suggest a leaking headgasket.

I don't blame you for being sick of paying out money every three months. I got a headache just from reading about it.

Reply to
Al Bundy

"" wrote: > If you had this problem before, then maybe you do have it > again. You > could take it back to where you were and go back in time to > where you > didn't have this problem. Then the water wouldn't be going :?: > > Or it could be a different problem. You could have a leaky > heater core > if you smell burned water. Maybe your windshield is also > fogging up > from the glycol. Perhaps the carpet is wet from the leak also. > White > smoke out the exhaust would suggest a leaking headgasket. > > I don't blame you for being sick of paying out money every > three > months. I got a headache just from reading about it.

Thanks for the feedback, had it to a backyard mechanic today and it is another headgasket, found the leak coming from the head with water everywhere causing the burning smell as the water hits the hot pipes, thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to my help signal. This will cost me another few hundred dollars, I am tempted just to date a man so he can fix my car. lol :lol:

Reply to
netty

Dear Netty, My advice is not to date any of the men who have been working on your car thusfar. If the head is warped then a new gasket will not seal it for long. The head would need to be machined flat or replaced if it is cracked.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Iif it was me, I would either throw in a rebuilt engine, or dump the car, if I could afford to.

Tom Seattle

Reply to
I Love Edsels

Hold on Nettie! Before you let him fix it, is it a v-8 engine? If so, does it have a plastic intake manifold? I'll check back.

Reply to
ankhe105

Reply to
john