Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Heat Related Problem
Anyone had electrical components cause poor running, due to heat? I had to drive across the state, and when I stopped to fuel up, it wouldn't idle when restarted. It would run, though, so I got it...

eratic speedo
My speedo intermittently flies up to and past the 100mph mark and back again. This would be liveable apart from the fact that the radio volume goes up and down with it. Is this just a case of...
4
4

Ford Focus C-MAX cigarette Lighter Fuse????
Hi, Was wondering if anybody can help... I've recently bought a Focus C-MAX on an 04 plate, very happy with the car. I went to plug my ipod into the cigarette lighter the other day and no power. :(...
2
2

Rear Wheel Bearing 30mm socket
All I can find so far is 30mm 12 pt sockets. HD and Lowes have 12pt with lifetime warranty but the socket wall looks awfully thin and don't know it it will work for the rear axel nut. I have ordered...

Parking sensors retro fit
Just bought an 07 focus zetec climate. Can front/rear parking sensors be retro fitted? If so, how much? TIA, Neil.

Wanted: Stock air intake for 2001 Focus ZTS w/ 2.0 DOHC engine.
All, I just picked up a 2001 ZTS. I'm looking to replace the aftermarket air intake with the stock air intake that the vehicle came with. Also need the battery cover. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
1
1

Cooling fan-blade failure in 2003 Focus
Gents: Reporting failure of a cooling main fan-blade in 2003 Ford Focus. Prior symptoms were engine "overspeeding" due to cooling system distress. The fan-blade cracked, shattered and dispersed...
2
2

Rear Wheel Bearings replace
I have found a source on the internet that will supply the rear drums with the whell bearings attached. Is all that is required is to take the assembly and attach with the four bolts in back of the...
5
5

Remote entry/start problem
03 Focus. When the car is unlocked with the key it won't start. When I push the door unlock on the remote it will start. Doesn't matter if it's locked by key or remote, it won't start until the unlock...

Auto Locking
My autolock only occurs every three or four drives now. Most of the times it doesn't lock, I can cut the ignition off and back on, and it will lock. Anyone with experience here? ('01ZX3) Ron

focus (mk2) st tailgate lock problem
I have a bizarre problem with the tailgate lock on my (new) Focus ST3. The problem is that the garage (dealer) can't fix it. They can't even get the problem to repro. This is _seriously_ intermittent....
1
1

Taurus CV joint replacement?
I don't see a NG for the Taurus and have posted here before, so does anyone have some tips for changing out the whole half shaft on a 1999 Ford Taurus? I am thinking that the procedure must be...

Rear brake pads and discs - replacement mileage
Hi All, I've just had my 37000 mile service on a 54 reg focus tdci and have had to have the rear discs and pads replaced. Is this normal mileage? Other cars I've had have lasted twice as long! There's...
1
1

electric blue
Anyone got a pic of a ST170/SVT in electric blue

broken handbrake cable
ford focus 1.8 zetec S reg. Im a lady driver and wen I pull on the handbrake nothing happens. The local fitter said it'll cost 70 quid labour + parts. Can my hubby fix it ? Where if he could, would we...
1
1