Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sat-nav and heated windscreen
Has anybody had any problems using portable Sat-nav (such as Tomtom) in a Focus with a heated front windscreen? Does the metal in the heating elements cause any interference with the signal?
10
10

Mondeo Fault and Insurance Issue`s
Hi All, Hope everyone is welland wouldnt mind helping me? I have rather a annoying problem with a 2.0TDCi Mondeo on a 53 Plate. Cut a long story short, hit water, engine stalled and had Compression...
2
2

Advice on 2001 or 02 SE purchase
I'm looking to buy one of two SE sedans, auto tranny, either a 2001 or 2002, from local dealers. Both are high mileage with 100K miles on the 2001 and 90K on the 2002. Both appear in good condition...
2
2

Shifting problem
I just recently purchased a 2005 Focus ZX4. It has a little over 16000 miles. My main problem is, at times, the gear shifts from 1st to neutral. It is very sporadic. It might happen 3 or 4 times in...
2
2

Focus II computer wiring
I am looking for an electrical diagram showing cables connected to the computer. There are several color cables and some black ones. I'm interested in what kind of data a given cable transmits. R
1
1

Speedometer and Radio surge
hi there, I'm having some problems with my '02 1,6LX Ford Focus and wondered if anyone was having the same issues, or knew of the problem. It seems there is some sort of power surge happening in my...
4
4

All instruments go to zero
I have a 2002 ford focus wagon. Recently while driving the car instruments will all go dead. The engine will continue running. Can someone please help. I replaced the battery.
2
2

Focus Engine Oil Consumption???
I have a Focus Zetec 2002 1.6 from new. Its never needed any engine oil topping up until now, last time I checked it the dipstick was dry. Topped it back up with a 3-4ltr bottle (ss 5w/30). Since then...
10
10

Clonking from front end, suspension??
Hi All, My 2001 focus estate has started to "clonk" from the front somewhere, especially at low speeds, it is intermittent and doesn't seem to correspond with road bumps or steering action. I have...
9
9

Towing limit - 2001 1.8 diesel(90PS) Saloon
Any advice appreciated. VIN plate gives 4 weights 1715kg 2915kg 960kg 875kg The handbook says, chech with dealer. John Gifford
1
1

help focus over revving
i have an S reg focus ghia, it keeps over revving especially when cold, mosly when stationary ie at traffic lights, turning or sometimes braking in low gear. out of gear and feet off all pedals it can...
6
6

Radiator Cooling Fans running permanently
Hi, (1.8i Focus Hatchback, 98). Last night I went out to the car which had been sat there for about 4 hours from when we last got in - only to find both radiator cooling fans running. They weren't...
3
3

Ford Focus bits FS western Canada
If you live in the Calgary Area and own a Ford Focus I for sale cheap a couple of remote controls, oil filters, 7 litres of 5w20 oil, locking fuel cap and various other stuff. If you are interested...

Focus 1.8 TDCi - Tyres?
I have a 53 plate (UK) Focus 1.8 TDCi and need replecement tyres. I have always previously ised Michelins but the Focus originally had Continental Eco Contacts. Anyone any views on what the optimum...
3
3

05 LX 1.8 TDCi - Red 'cog' warning light.
Hi. Driving round the motorway roundabout before a 250-odd mile journey last weekend and this light illuminated on my dash. Red cog with an exclamation mark in the middle of it. Oh dear. I didn't stop...
5
5