Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sloppy manual shifter, 2001 Ford Focus (5spd, SPI)
The shifter on my Focus is sloppy, where it does not guide you during shifting. It was challenging at first to shift from 2d to 3rd without a noticeable gate to guide me, but with practice, it's...
16
16

2002 ford focus zx5
I have a 2002 ford focus zx5. I have a little problem with it, the engine check light lights up every now and then like every other month. And I have been to the dealer and all they did was either...

Re: 2001 Focus 1.6 Zetec engine, 60K miles: MAF sensor
Sorry, forgot to mention this is the UK RHD model. 1.6 Ghia petrol, regularly serviced and in otherwise excellent order. Morse
11
11

Intermittent Idle Problem
Hi, My year 2000 UK Focus has developed an intermittent fault. Normally it's when the engine is warm, and I've been travelling above 60mph. When I take my foot off the accelerator, the car will keep...
4
4

Speedometer falls to zero, 2001 Focus
I've had the speedometer fall to zero and stay there for a few minutes on my 2001 Focus (SPI, 5spd). The trip odometer stops with the current count, but the gas and temperature gages remain working...
13
13

2003 Focus LX: Can you add power door locks?
Can you add something like this to a 2003 Focus? you, Neal
1
1

aftermarket cruise control
how can i add an aftermarket cruise control to my 2005 focus? Where can I find a good one?
1
1

Ading air conditioning in 2001 Focus
Is it possible to add air conditioning in to 2001 Ford Focus? I thought to maybe buy from crashed focus all the staff and install in my car? Is that possible? I have some mechanical knowledge but......
12
12

10w30 oil in Focus XZ3
Hello, I put Pennzoil 10w30 instead of 5w30 in my USA 2000 Focus ZX3 as the oil-change place ran out of 5w30 I didn't have the time to go elsewhere, looking for 5w30. Do you think it's a problem?...
3
3

Key will not turn at times
I have a 2001 Ford ZX3 with 120K miles. The ignition switch which is on the steering column will not turn at times without much pushing pulling turning of the wheel, etc. I was thinking that maybe the...
3
3

uk Focus 1.8 Tdci 115 /100
Thinking of purchasing a second hand focus, garage says the one for sale is a 1.8 TDCI 100 , can only find references to a 1.8 TDCI 115 on internet. Which is best ? Fuel economy etc. any where I can...
1
1

Uk foci,tdci 100?
looking to buy a Diesel focus, the garage says the 1.8 TDCi, is a 100 , i can only find reference to either a 1.6 TDCi 110, or a 1.8TDCI, 115. Is there a 1.8 TDCi, and where can I find some info/...
1
1

Trying to replace Antenna Base - special tool required?
I am hoping someone can help me replace an antenna base on a 2003 ZX5. Using the instructions at I have gotten to the point where the base retaining screw is accessible but I am unable to find a...
3
3

Central Locking.
Hi new here and hoped that you may be able to assist. I have a 1999 Focus 1.8 petrol zetec The central locking has just stopped operating. I have always used the remote key (with three buttons) but it...
1
1

TDCi head gasket.
Hi there, Had my Focus 1.8 115bhp TDCi (March 2002 5 years old, 101,000 miles) in for a service during the week, and they say it shows signs of potential head gasket failure, and excessive pressure in...