Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Duratorq diesel failed MOT due to emissions
my '03 Duratoq turbo diesel (1800cc) has just failed it's MOT due to higher than permissable exhaust emissions. i was told that i would be able to remedy this by giving it a good blast in the lower...
1
1

Brake light fuse
I dont have a manual for my 2002 Foed Focus. I have looked online for the location of the fuse to see if it is blown. I have no brake lights except the middle one on the trunk it works >>>
3
3

Instrument panel dials all pegged to zero or max
2003 Focus wagon 2.0L Automatic (US) - 65000 miles. Upon returning to the airport after a weeks trip, temp, spedo, and fuel gauges started to jump. Very quickly the temp and spedo pegged to zero and...
6
6

Triptunes
At the Ford dealership today, I saw something advertised called Triptunes, that is supposed to add an auxiliary in jack to the stock Ford radio, to play MP3 players through, etc.. Has anyone reading...
2
2

battery discharging problem...help needed please
we have got a 2004 tdci 1.8 ghia that is left standing for two weeks at a time after a few days it just won?t start,we got a new battery and the same thing happened again after it was left for two...
1
1

Location of VSS Wire
I'm installing an aftermarket cruise control on my 2007 Ford Focus, and I need to know the location of the negative side of the ignition coil and the VSS wire. Thanks in advance.

Speaker problem.
When replacing the speakers (zx4 2005) can it void the warranty? If maintenance was needed on the car, could the tech find out if they are not stock? 1 more thing. Is there any special parts needed...

2001 Focus Rear Drum Replacement - help
I brought my wife's car in to the local brake place to get them checked. Car has 65,000 KM on it (canadian vehicle, or about 40K miles?). They told me the front pads need replacing and the rear drums....
5
5

Zetec oil filler cap removal
Not a Focus in this case, but the 2 litre Zetec engine fitted to a 2000 Mondeo. I recently inherited this car, and cannot remove the oil filler cap. It will turn (and click) in the 'closed' direction,...
3
3

battery draining problem
my hubby has got a 2004 focus tdci 1.8 ghia it is left for two weeks at a time ,but when he comes home it will not start, the battery is totally discharged .we had a auto elctrician look at it but...
1
1

2002 Focus Horn Problem
My 2002 Ford Focus Horn stopped working. I pulled the horn relay and jumpered the horn circuit and the horn worked. I also swapped the relay with an identical relay next to it and the horn still does...
1
1

Rear shock bushings
Just got KYB shocks for the rear and they did not come with rubber or urethane bushings. Just the lock nut. Local parts stores don't even have listing for them. Having trouble finding them online...
1
1

Drivers power locking stopped working.
The drivers door on my Y-reg focus has suddenly stopped working. Using the key fob I can lock/unlock all the other doors, but theres no noise from the drivers door. Manually using the key (sooo last...
5
5

fuel problems
over the winter i picked up the evap error and decided to do nothing about it until it got warmer. now that it *has* gotten warmer I am also getting a "check fuel cap" light. my local car shop says...
1
1

Gear lever not returning to neutral
Hi all, I've been searching for a link for step by step instructions on how to replace the return spring on a 5 speed manual gear stick. Can anyone offer any advice or point me in the right direction?...
4
4