Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2003 Ford Focus Drive Cycle question- Help needed related to catalytic converter
I went to get my state inspection done. The focus failed the inspection, about 5 readouts were not ready. I was told by the tech that I needed to complete a drive cycle, usually 30-50 miles, to reset...
1
1

Ford Focus Drive Belt Nosie
Hi, Does any one got the manual (or TIS CD) for Operation No. 21 567 0 ? Does any one know how much is the Idler pulley cost? I am gong to do it myself. Parts Required Description Finis Code Idler...
1
1

06 Focus 'Info Display' stays on
Hello Peeps, Well we got our 2006 Focus Zetec Climate with the 2.0 Duratorq (diesel) engine last Friday. So far so good .... but 1. Annoying little niggle is that we have noticed the trim around the...
2
2

How to reprogramme the remote key fob?
Hi, Guys. I sent a topic regarding this issue few days ago. Here is the link: to the post, I checked the owners manual, but I cant find the procedure of reprogramme my remote key fob. Does any one...
5
5

oil in coolant
I drive a 2000 Ford Focus SE with the 2.0 DOHC Zetec engine. There has been a light brown foamy substance in my coolant tank. From what I've read, it is probably oil in the coolant. There is no water...
1
1

2003 Focus - oil smell coming from vents
2.0 Zetec, auto, 100,000km when I set the temp dial to HOT I get an strong oil smell no smell if COLD air is used. this is weird. Has engine oil entered the heater core area?
4
4

Focus Dash Dials
I am looking around for a Zetec or LX pref 3 dr car, I have noticed in 1 or 2 cars looking from outside that the petrol gauge shows half full. with ignition off Is there a fault with the gauge or...
7
7

Focus key woes
I took my recently acquired 51 focus TDCI estate to a Ford garage this morning for a 40,000 mile service. the good news was that they reckoned that due to its condition I got a bargain for the £3,000...
4
4

Auto dimming mirror
The auto dimming mirror on Focus is too sensitive. Even correctly adjusted dipped headlamps will significantly darken it. Can it be adjusted? I am considering partially covering the sensor with paper...

Camshaft Position Sensor
I'm looking for an online supplier of Ford parts - firstly the camshaft position sensor (as it's showing as a fault with the engine light, well in truth it's showing the camshaft position probe...

The dash pod
Hello Could you please be of held to me. I have a 03 Focus estate. A little time ago the engine light came on to tell me the car had a problem. I had my service chap look at it, and he took it to his...
2
2

Dashboard reboots - update
I posted here a while back about the dashboard rebooting whilst starting. The gauges all go to maximum, then minimum, and then read correctly. Sometimes the trip meter resets to zero. My '99 LX...
2
2

Electric window not working
I've recently noticed that my drivers side electric window has stopped working. The passenger side is working fine. When you press the drivers side switch you can hear a quiet click after a small...
1
1

Central locking stop working?
Few days ago, my key fob stopped working, then I bought a new battery and put it in, it still doesn't want to work. Before the keyfob brokedown, usually I have to press few times to unlock or lock the...
7
7

DMF-TDDI?/plus symptoms?
UK. 51 reg. Ford Focus TDDI, 70,000 clicking/tapping noise when accerelator is pressed, getting louder. Garage suspects Dual mass flywheel, and qoutes £500 to strip gear box and replace. 1. Does the...