Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Intermittent cutting out 2001 x-reg 1.8 petrol Focus
Had this problem since summer, seems to be getting slightly worse as weather gets colder. Symptoms are going along quite OK, then suddenly engine seems to lose power and you notice speedo has dropped...
5
5

Change near side rear indicator on 55 plate focus
Hi all, I'm trying to change the near side rear indicator bulb on my 55 plate focus LX, according to the manual i remove the two screws and then pull the assembly away. I have removed the screws but...

Key programming
Local garage programmed the remote key for us, cost £50, it would have been cheaper to have it done at our local Ford Dealer. Live and learn eh. Stephen.
1
1

ST Gearbox
bought an ST in 2006 from the beginning there was a strange clicking when gear changed or push/pull torque change filed complaints to dealer and directly Ford Cologne front axles 'glued' - no...
6
6

Key programming
The wife purchased a new key the other day for her 2001 Focus from a Ford dealership, but we cannot program it as explained in the car manual. Our local none Ford garage said we need to use a computer...
4
4

PCM Updates / Coding
Hi All, First post to this group. We have a 2003 1.6l 5 door Focus Zetec automatic. Does anyone know when the last updates for the PCM were released, or where I can look ? Thanks regards David

Need to replace 2002 front bumper
Due to damage, I need to replace the front bumper. How easy is it to do? Any special tools required? Thanks C

CD 6000
Hi All, Recently changed vehicles and want to add a bluetooth handfree kit and dab radio. The car is a Ford Focus 2008 with a CD 6000 single CD player. I already have a pure highway dab standalone...
1
1

On Board Diagnostics ?
Anbody know anything about the facility to display readings on the mileage trip meter. It appears that if you hold the trip rest button in and turn the ignition on the you can then by pressing the...
3
3

ABS light
2003 Focus Estate. ABS light does not always come on on self test, but then comes on when the others have gone off. Stays on for a while whilst driving and sometimes the handbrake/brake fluid light...
8
8

Removing Power Steering Pump
This is my first attempt at this repair. I have the Chilton manual, but wish it was better explained with better pictures. I am down to trying to undue the High Pressure Line. I have taken a picture...
3
3

Slight hestation when cold
I've noticed a hesitation when my 2001 Focus 2lt Zetec petrol engine is run from cold (particular driving to work on early mornings) although the hesitation is very slight and it disappears when the...
23
23

Focus ST / XR5
Found this great website if you guys are interested

Clutch noise
I bled the brakes a couple of weeks ago (on my 2000 2.0L Focus) Zetec and with it the clutch hydraulic fluid as it's all part of the same system. Since bleeding the clutch fluid, when I depress the...

Intermittent starting failure
2008 Ford Focus coupe. 2.4L, 5 speed manual, basic car. Lately, sometimes, when I turn the key, the engine starter fails to kick in when I turn the key. All the dash lights read normally. Is this a...
3
3