Best Rated threads in Ford Focus Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how difficult to replace IGNITION?
hello as many have indicated the ignition on (2000) focus is bogus and locked up on me yesterday out of no where. i am trying to find the cheapest way to replace...how much can i get the part for? and...
5
5

Ford focus can u tell me what colour paint code is daw
It is telling me grey but looks very much blue

Ford Focus Mk1 Electrical Problem
High there, I'm in need of some help. My mk1 Focus is behaving strangely and I wondered if anyone had an ideas as to the cause. I think it's electrical. It started two weeks ago, a few days after I...

How do I deactivate the automatic power door lock on a 2001 focus wagon
Hi, I would like to know how to deactivate the automatic power door lock. So when you put the car in gear the door locks automaticly. I dont like this feature and I want to deactive it. Thank you...
14
14

Focus 5000 RDS wiring diagram
Hi I am trying to install a bluetooth hands free kit onto my 5000 RDS head unit. I need to know what pins/wires do what. For example: I need to find the pin or wire for a 12V switched power source. So...
3
3

2005 Focus Idle Problem - relevant inputs to the ecu
2005 Focus I have an idling problem. When engine is cold the idle is rough and sometimes cuts out. When engine warm and coasting to a halt idle is high at 1800. Only when the wheels stop does the idle...

focus tdci engine noise
i went to start my focus tdci as normal. it failed to start ie cut out , when it did start i now have an engine vibration and rumble. it does it more when moving but is noticable on tick over,?? any...
1
1

Ford recommended fluids?
Ok, not a Focus, but a 2000 Mk2 Mondeo question ... Where do I get the recommended fluis easily? Specifically: Brake fluid: ESDM 6C57-A PAS fluid: WSA-M2C195-A Coolant: WSS-M97B44-D I have plenty of...
4
4

2003 Focus - oil smell coming from vents
2.0 Zetec, auto, 100,000km when I set the temp dial to HOT I get an strong oil smell no smell if COLD air is used. this is weird. Has engine oil entered the heater core area?
4
4

2001 Ford Focus - catastrophic engine failure at 100,000kms?!?
Last Friday night my 2001 Ford Focus's engine died on me. Apparently, there is a broken piston rod, which ended up causing a cracked block and a hole in the oil pan. The kicker is that my 100,000km...
8
8

2003- Torque of Rear Brake Drum Spindle Nut?
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew the torque of the rear brake drum spindle nut. I've ordered the manual, but it won't ship for another week or so and we'd really like to get it back on the road....
2
2

Ford Focus VIN Checker
Anybody know of a free checker for UK/Europe 2006 Foci? (Focuses) Have found one but that only goes up to 2005 - TIA
4
4

car colour - how to find out
Hi, how do I find out what colour paint I need for touching up? Under the bonnet is a plaque with the following entries F long number M long number (chassis number?) W number kg B number kg AU number...
3
3

Fucus Unstable!!
I got a 1998 Focus 1.8 Zetec, 5dr, it?s a great car ? only done 38K so far. The car is lately very unstable, especially on the motor ways (doing 60+). It feels as if the tail is breaking away. I took...
19
19

air conditioner blowing cold on passenger side
the air conditioner will blow cold air on passenger side, but blows warm air on the drivers side, what is the problem, do i have to take the whole dash out to try and resolve.
1
1

2002 Ford Focus SE - intermittent sputtering
At about 50,000 miles, my Ford Focus developed a problem where it would intermittently sputter. It happened more often when I was accelerating, and it sounded like a problem with an obstruction in my...
1
1

Ford Focus SE 2000 wont start
I own a Ford Focus 2000...seems to not like to start in cold weather...I just got it back from being serviced and had to have the fuel module system replaced but still it takes 10 tries to get it...
7
7

Foci TSB's
ALL, This link will tell you which Recalls and TSB's apply to your vehicle Select Year, Manufacturer, Modeland Engine Type. Print Page for a reference... This link will take you to the most recent...
7
7

Temperature gauge problem.
Hi all, My 2000 2.0l has just developed a peculiar temp gauge fault. The car warms up as usual, the needle rises to vertical (as it always has) then starts to drop back towards cold, then rises...
5
5

Ford Focus Front Wheel Bearing change instructions
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the instructions on how to change front wheel bearing on Focus 2001? Thank you.
2
2