Best Rated threads in Ford Focus Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas pedal won't depress in the morning
Late 2003 Ford Focus ZX3. PZEV engine. 44,000 miles. When I start my car in the morning, particulalry a cold morning, the gas pedal will not depress. It's as if it's locked into place and simply won't...
2
2

Check Engine Light - DTC None
Does the trouble code display sequence using the trip odometer necessarily display all registered fault codes? The "Check Engine" light is on in my 2001 SE wagon. The diagnostic display flashes "Dtc"...
3
3

Focus Timing belt change
I have a 2000 Focus with a Zetec engine. My engine has almost 100,000 km on it and is due for a timing belt change. Has anyone changed this belt on their own? if so what problems did they have???? In...
24
24

Drivers Arm Rest on 2002 UK Focus Ghia
Somehow, the drivers armrest on my 2002 UK Focus Ghia has got stuck in the upright position. However far "back" I try and push the armrest it won't "click" to allow the armrest to come down into the...
3
3

2005 Focus Seatbelt Alarm
Hello, Is there any way I can disable this function? B/C my job requires me to make allot of stops very often within the area. Sometimes I must sit idle to monitor traffic patterns and influx. That...
9
9

Setting clock on US Ford Focus 2003
I have a new US 2003 Ford Focus ZX5, with the usual AM/FM Stereo Single CD Player with Digital Clock & 4-Speakers. The clock is an hour fast and I can't work out how to change it! The instruction CD...
1
1

Focus 2003 gauges pegged to zero
Gents: Vis: 2003 Ford Focus hatchback 2.0L/std-trans. After 6000 issue_free miles on my (used) 2003 Ford(~47000 miles), my primary dash_gauges [ temp/speed/rpm/fuel] have all pegged to zero. Otherwise...
8
8

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Fuel Gauge
My '05 ZX4 SES fuel gauge reads empty when there are still a few gallons left in the tank. The manual says that the full tank has a 14 gallon capacity, but when I run the right side of the needle to...
16
16

Slow acceleration for 2002 Focus SE
I just bought an used 2002 Focus SE sedan. I like it very much! However, every time I went to highway, I found it accelerate much slower than other cars. I had no ideal if it had some problem or not....
4
4

Odd warning light on Focus 2001
I was wondering what the warning light was on my ford focus. it is below the right indicator and is the sort of sign on the "loose chippings" that contractors put up. it is sort of like this o//. It...
3
3

2002 ford focus blower motor
My 2002 ford focus zts blower motor only works on high speed, the other settings don't work. Any ideas? Den
1
1

6000CD Radio Wiring issue
I have replaced the standard Ford 5000 tape player with a Ford 6000 Cd player in my 1999 Ford Focus. The CD player is from a 2002 Focus. Everything works fine apart from the connector for the steering...

Re: 2001 Focus 1.6 Zetec engine, 60K miles: MAF sensor
Sorry, forgot to mention this is the UK RHD model. 1.6 Ghia petrol, regularly serviced and in otherwise excellent order. Morse
11
11

2003 Focus ZX3- Wheel Nut Torque
When rotating the tires on all of my cars, I've always 'hand torque' the wheel nuts to prevent rotor warpage. The short manual that comes with the cars does not indicate what the torque setting should...
1
1

Fault Codes
My air bag light flashed 3 times, and went off, flashed 3 times again and went off, then stayed on. After turning off the ignition and restarting it now seems ok. Air bag modual replaced three months...
2
2

Ford Focus C-MAX cigarette Lighter Fuse????
Hi, Was wondering if anybody can help... I've recently bought a Focus C-MAX on an 04 plate, very happy with the car. I went to plug my ipod into the cigarette lighter the other day and no power. :(...
2
2

Unlock ALL doors on remote unlock instead of drivers door
Hi, Does anyone know the trick which switches the remote locking to automatically unlock ALL the doors instead of just the drivers on a single keypress? Thanks, Nick...
6
6

How can I tell if a 2001 Focus has ABS?
Hi, My wife just bought a 2001 Focus with 8600 miles that is in great shape. How can I found out if the car is equipped with anti-lock brakes? Is there somewhere under the hood I can look for the...
9
9

Water In Spark Plug Wells!
Last Friday morning, I started up my 200 Focus (SE - Zetec) for my short morning commute and noted that the engine seemed to be running rough. The car had been driven the night before and ran...
6
6

Error Code e12 on Focus 6000CD player
Hello, Just got myself a 2 1/2 year old Focus today and am pleased with most of it so far. I am having a slight problem with the CD player. When I insert a disc, the Screen says CD Play and then 20~30...
1
1