Best Rated threads in Ford Focus Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Odometer test mode
Does anyone have a list of the different read ing you can get from the odometer test mode. For those who haven't found the test mode yet, start the car while holding down the trip reset button. First...
1
1

sticky pads for rear number plate
where can i get a couple?
2
2

Valve lash for 2000 ZTS?
Someone I know has a 2000 Focus ZTS (?) with the Zetec engine. We want to check the valve lash and adjust it as possible but cannot find any info on it. Also, we cannot find a tappet to replace (the...
5
5

Ford Focus - Power folding mirrors
I have a Ford Focus ghia with electric heated mirrors. I have seen a pair of power folding mirrors, the switch and relay on that I am interested in fitting. How hard would it be to do this? The ad...

loud throbbing vibration even when in park on 2000 Focus SE wagon
I've got a 2000 Ford Focus SE wagon with about 90k miles on it now. For the last year it has been vibrating and humming or throbbing loudly. It seemed to only do it in the winter cold, but now does it...
6
6

5000 RDS Wiring Diagram
Hi Guys I am trying to fit a new sterio in my Ford Escort and need a to find out what wires are what which are connected to the old 5000 RDS sterio. Can anyone please email me of advise on where I...

Fuel Pump fuse Keeps Blowing SE
15 amp fuel pump fuse keeps blowing in our 2000 Focus SE. Suspecting fuel pump? Need advice quick - thanks...
4
4

Ford Focus ZX3 Ignition problems
I have a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3. Occasionally, when I try to start my car the ignition will not do anything. I will put my key in the ignition and try to turn my key, however it is as if I have locked my...
4
4

hesitation on take off
My 2000 Focus Wagon misses or hesitates a few seconds when I take off from a stop.I've put new plugs, air filter and injector cleaner, but I still have the problem. The check engine light hasn't come...
3
3

Ford Focus 1.6 2003 UK and Steaming up windows.
Have a focus and the windows steam all the time if I have the heating on. How can I avoid steaming windows and use the heating.
10
10

Ford 6000CD RDS E-O-N
Cark-91 Wiring RED(2A Fuse) +12V Permanent 12V supply Connect to battery positive (12V). BLACK GND Negative Ground Connect to a good negative ground. BLUE(1A Fuse) IGNS Ignition Sense Connect to...
9
9

Leak into Footwell Update
Hi all As posted earlier about this problem thought I would now update you further. Got the car back yesterday afternoon. All appeared OK - footwell dry ect... Rained throughout most of last night -...
1
1

Gas Gauge
Howdy, I wrote a while back introducing myself. I am still a proud Focus owner and I am still very happy with my purchase. However, I do have a question about my gas gauge. Whenever I fill my tank the...
18
18

5000 RDS radio
Does anybody know the pinouts for the CD-Changer connector for the above radio. I've googled away and so far come up with nothing. TIA, Chris
2
2

UK Focus Zetec 1.6 makes a fluttering noise accelerating in low gears
This happens when the engine is cold and warm. It is a water-like fluttering noise accelerating when in 1st and 2nd gear, especially if the revs are quite low. Is it something to do with the...
1
1

Hissing Noise from Clutch?
My girlfriend has a 2001 ZTS and she recently has been commenting on what she describes as a hissing noise that seems to appear when she pushes down on the clutch. Any idea what this could be? Is it a...
1
1

Blaupunkt MP3 Radio Manual - 2003 Focus
Does anyone know if there is a "online" version of the owners manual for this radio? I have picked up one, built a adapter harness and installed it. It is working fine but I just wanted to read the...
5
5

Water Leak Driver's Footwell
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help or offer their experiences of a 4 year old Ford Focus that has coincidentally sprung a large leak resulting in the drivers footwell becoming soaked - after a service...
3
3

5W30 weight ok?
We had to get the oil changed in our 2001 Focus ZX5 on the road and the closest weight the shop had to 5W20 was 5W30. It was either that or 10W30. We went for the 5W30. Is this ok?
4
4

2000 Ford Focus won't start
Hi, I was hoping someone here could tell me what's wrong with my 2000 Ford Focus SE. I was about to go to work this past Friday when it wouldn't start. When I turned the key, the lights in the dash...
9
9