Best Rated threads in Ford Focus Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2002 Ford Focus Air Conditioning Stopped Working. Could it be hot weather?
I have a 2002 Ford Focus Sedan and recently moved to Miami, FL. One afternoon, after the AC worked in the morning, the AC stopped working upon starting the car. The fans still work, just no cool air....
1
1

P1709 Park/Neutral Position Switch out of range
My check engine light came on on my way to work this morning. I took it to a local garage after work and they checked the diagnostics on the on-board computer. The code that came up was: P1709...

RPMs drop when turning steering wheel at stop
I can re-produce this problem every time. Has anyone seen this, can it be fixed as a 'do-it-yourself' kinda project? I have a year 2000 Ford Focus SE. If I put the car in park and turn the wheel just...
5
5

Ford Focus Engine Block Heater
Help. I have a cousine who moved to Anchorage Alaska. He and his dad bought a used 2003 Ford Focus. He does not know where the cord for the engine block heater is. His new apartment parking lot has a...
11
11

6000 CD BT Option
Hello, I have Ford Focus with 6000 CD audio. Under the advanced menu, I found "BT" option, which can be on or off (off by default). I tried to change it but without visible result. Does anybody knows...
4
4

Sloppy manual shifter, 2001 Ford Focus (5spd, SPI)
The shifter on my Focus is sloppy, where it does not guide you during shifting. It was challenging at first to shift from 2d to 3rd without a noticeable gate to guide me, but with practice, it's...
16
16

Ford Focus 2006 won't start red light keeps flashing
My ford focus 2006 won't start red light on the dash keeps flashing when ignition is turned on and tried everything the 3a fuse under the bonnet apparently could be ignition relay? under the steering...

2002 Ford Focus Brake Light Fuse keeps blowing
Hi. I have a 2002 ford focus SE (61K). A few weeks ago I could not get my car into drive- the gear shift was stuck in park since the brake lights would not go on. Brought it into the dealer and they...
4
4

Fault code P2263 Focus
The yellow engine light has come on in my 2004, 1.8 TDCI focus, a local garage ran a diagnostics test which says P2263-Turbocharger (TC) boost pressure/supercharger boost pressure performance problem-...

Tow 1175 lbs pop-up camper with a Focus?
Well, the subject says it all... ;-) Just wanna ask you guys what u think.... Got a 2001 Focus SE wagon.... and maybe this summer i'll rent a camper... small one... like 8ft box.... says 1175 lbs.......
7
7

Any way to install tachometer in 2005 Focus ZX3?
I recently bought a 2005 Focus ZX3, and I am surprised that it has no tachometer. Is there any way to install one? -Thanks
2
2

Questions for SVT owners and fans on audiophile package
I'm going to assume most people prefer going aftermarket unless theft is a big concern in your area. That said, the Factory Look can be important. Some GM cars from the mid to late 90's looked...
3
3

Parking Brake stuck
I have a 2000 Focus ZX3, 5 spd, its been parked for about 5 months, the parking brake wasnt working too good during the winter. I parked it without the brake on as the floor in the storage was level...
3
3

Ford Focus: Reprogrammed new Remote Key - now won't start.
Apologies if this is repeated info for everyone - I've done a few searches with various bits here and there regarding remotes and locking but I think my problem is a bit more specific. I bought a Ford...
6
6

Coolant Color in 2003 Ford Focus
"Add Motorcraft Premium Gold Engine Coolant (yellow-colored), VC-7­A (VC-7­B in Oregon), meeting Ford Specification WSS-M97B51­A1." "Do not add/mix an orange-colored, extended life coolant such as...
3
3

Ford Focus Misfire
I posted a message a while ago about a 1999 Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec with an intermittent misfiring problem. The misfire usually occurs during acceleration in 4th or 5th gear or when accelerating hard in...
6
6

Speed sensor (YET AGAIN).
They do say "You get what you pay for". Just learned this the hard way. Couple of years ago, the speedo died on my Focus, so replaced the speed sensor with one of those cheap OEM ones you get off...
1
1

Focus Mk 1 2001, exhaust heatshield clips
I was advised by the garage following my latest MOT & Service that the exhaust heatshield was loose. They did not regard it as a problem, but thought I should be aware of it. On examination, it...

What is a good replacement vehicle for focus wagon ?
I have a 2001 focus wagon with 190.000 km. which I have been happy with. How many more km can I expect to get from it ? What is a good vehicle to replace it since focus wagons are no longer sold in...
5
5

Fault code P2263
Hi, can anyone help with this ! Foci 1.8 TDCI, 04. Yellow Engine light is on and paid =A345 at local garage to have it diagnosed- comes up with P2263-Turbo Boost pressure performance problem-needs...
1
1