Speedometer doesn’t work after Alternator replaced

Hi,

Today started my 2000 Ford Focus SE as normal and the car ran for about 2 seconds then made to make a Tick, Tick, Tick sound and went dead. The result was No electicity, the battery was completely drained, and the alternator is bad.

However, While the car was shutting down during this electircal failure the speedometer needle rotated clockwise from 0mph to past the

160mph mark. I had a local mechanic replace the alternator, the battery and sepentine belt, but the speedometer needle is still stuck past 160mph.

Does anyone know how to get the speedometer to reset back to 0mph?

I look forward to your repsonses.

Best Regards GCelestino

Reply to
gcelestino

"gcelestino" wrote: > Hi, > > Today started my 2000 Ford Focus SE as normal and the car ran > for about 2 seconds then made to make a Tick, Tick, Tick sound > and went dead. The result was No electicity, the battery was > completely drained, and the alternator is bad. > > However, While the car was shutting down during this > electircal failure the speedometer needle > [b:34cc1c0c41]rotated[/b:34cc1c0c41] [b:34cc1c0c41]clockwise > [/b:34cc1c0c41]from 0mph to past the 160mph mark. I had a > local mechanic replace the alternator, the battery and > sepentine belt, but the speedometer needle is still stuck past > 160mph. > > Does anyone know how to get the speedometer to reset back to > 0mph? > > I look forward to your repsonses. > > Best Regards > GCelestino

Problem solved!!! After searching though and seeing that other members have had similar problems with the gauges going crazy I decided to put the ignition in the ON position and disconnect/reconnect the battery connection. Sure enough the gauges all maxed out and then returned to normal.

-gcelestino

Reply to
gcelestino