Latest threads in Ford Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 ranger chime problem 30 minute intervals
i need some help. i have a 98 ranger xlt. great truck, but when i start the truck and start to go, it starts chiming in 5 groups of 5 every 30 minutes for the duration of the trip no matter how long...

2004 Escape Chime starts at 65 mph and wont quit
For the last couple dayus, a chime, sounds just like the seatbelt chime will start when I exceed 65 mph, and will only stop when I decease to below 65 mph. It is definitely tied to speed and not...
1
1

2001 Ranger 4X4 XLT 4.0 SOHC will not start
But it starts immediately & runs great after jump or a long drive. I had the battery & alternator checked at local AutoZone and they appear fine. The guy mentioned it might be the alternator fuse, but...
3
3

Defective Tire(s)
Sorry guys, I need to vent. Got a set of 4 Goodyear ATD2s on my 99 Ranger from Sam's Club as a birthday gift last summer from the gf. All my misgivings about Sams/Walmart aside, it seemed like a...
9
9

Rear Axle Issues
I have a 2003 E-150 Clubwagon w/ Towing Package and 5.4. The rear axle is an 8.8" 3.55 w TracLoc. Van only has 28k miles. For the record, the only things I've ever towed were a car once (300 miles),...
8
8

Static on AM Radio
I'm getting static in my AM radio that I do not understand. WITH THE ENGINE OFF I can set the key to ACC and the radio works perfectly -- well, it works as well as an AM radio can be expected to work....
9
9

Help-Steering looseness-E-150 w/PS
I have a few degrees play at the steering box when I jack up both wheels and rock the wheels side-to side. Is this acceptable? I'm getting a vibration when I brake in left turns. Everything else seems...

96 ranger splash 2.3 liter
is it a timing belt or chain
2
2

99 Windstar
One of the vent vanes in the dashboard was dislodged by the previous owner and has fallen down into the ventilation system. It is blocking one of the vacuum operated doors so that it cannot close....

'99 250 rear end
Hi, My '99 F250 Super Cab 5.4 2WD (not SD) has a problem with the 3.73 limited slip rear end; the clutches are seized, resulting in wheel hop noise on tight turns, probably chewing up the tires...
1
1

1956 F100 with a Detroit Diesel 4-53 Engine
6
6

89 F150 Ignition timing Problem
Here is a recap of a previous closed message: Ford F150 won't start May 25 2006 Truck was driving fine when muffler exploded and truck did not start again Engine Crank There is fuel There is spark...
21
21

85 F-250 4x4 Brakes
I have the 2 piston front calipers on this truck. The parts store says that there are 2 different widths of rear shoes. Does anyone know if the wider shoes correspond with the larger, 2 piston front...
1
1

Steering Box Play E-150 w/PS?
I have a few degrees play at the steering box when I jack up both wheels and rock the wheels side-to side. Is this acceptable? I'm getting a vibration when I brake in left turns. Everything else seems...

Follow up on valve problem on V-10 Triton
I was asking questions about my truck which has a V-10 Triton a 1997 with 70K miles on it and one of the cylinders is low. It looks like it is a valve situation. I was wondering has anyone ever had...
1
1