Latest threads in Ford Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Flex plate / flywheel fix / What else can I fix while I'm under there ?
My 83 f-100 needs a flexplate replacemnet which means dropping the tranny. What else should I plan to replace while its all tore down ? Seals ? Gaskets ? Anything ? Thanks Bert
2
2

Rebuilding an automatic transmission.
Anyone ever rebuild a Ford Transmission with success? I have quite a bit of automotive training , and even delved into automatic transmissions.. however when it came to Fords we never got into one ,...
12
12

2.L l low idle
I have a 2000 Ranger 2.6L 5 spd that idles too low, it used to idle fine then started getting lower. Occasionally it's normal but more often it's low. Cold start it's low enough to stall, warm is not...
5
5

Location of 02 sensor(s) in 1996 F250
I'm replacing the 02 sensor in my '96 F250. When I went to the local NAPA store, the counter guy said I needed 2. I know where the one near the cat is, that's the one I'm replacing, but I cannot see...
2
2

94 Ranger sometimes does not start when hot.
The engine is a 4 problem is very intermitant so I cannot take it to a shop. The danged thing finally acted up at my buddies house so he got to test it. He put his timing light on it and the timing...
1
1

location keyless entry module 2006 econoline
hi, would appreciate a clue :) can someone point me to the physical location of the factory keyless entry system control module on my 2006 Econoline Van (lowtop conversion package) thanks in advance...

check engine light first time at 44k
44,000 mi on E350 superduty 5.4 Check Engine light just came on. I do my own maintaince. Bought used from dealer with 29K. Engine runs, fluids good. Can this just be a suggested Milage tune up, or do...
6
6

1991 Ranger STX 5spd 4x4 - anyone know of particular quirks?
Hi. I've posted this to a couple different groups and I'm looking for as many opinions as I can get. One of my coworkers has a 1991 Ranger STX 4x4 with a 2.9L, 5-speed, extended cab with approximately...

Need to identify engine without stickers
My '94 Ranger didn't pass emissions inspection because they said it's supposed to have an Exhaust Gas Recirculation System but my engine just didn't have that component on it anywhere. They said it's...
3
3

Disable seat belt chime NOT BELTMINDER !!!!!!
I have a 2006 F-150 and the anoying warning chime is about 30 decibels into the constantly annoying range. I have done the little wireing trick to disable the chime when the key is in the ignition and...

Ford Designed The Ranger To Appeal To Girls and Young Women
"Ford Designed The Ranger To Appeal To Girls and Young Women" This is something I hear occasionally from people that own other brands, and even some F-series owners. Immediately I want to just dismiss...
8
8

94 Ranger - groans when backing up
I have a 94 Ford Ranger that makes a loud groaning sound (from the wheels/axle area, not the engine) when I'm backing up in the morning. It sounds to me like wet brakes, but it makes the sound when...
2
2

Weatherstripping for 1988 Bronco II ?
Where is a good place to get new ORIGINAL type weather stripping that goes around the doors for restoring my 1988 Bronco II ? I may use JC Whitney but are there any others that might be better for...
9
9

1993 Ford Ranger 4.0L
does a 1993 Ford Ranger 4.0L have a timing belt? i am having trouble with my truck with a sqealing, squeaking noise and it has died a couple of times even with the belt taken off and was thinking the...
5
5

Re: 02 Winstar trouble codes
It was the dpfe sensor!