Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

location keyless entry module 2006 econoline
hi, would appreciate a clue :) can someone point me to the physical location of the factory keyless entry system control module on my 2006 Econoline Van (lowtop conversion package) thanks in advance...

Disable seat belt chime NOT BELTMINDER !!!!!!
I have a 2006 F-150 and the anoying warning chime is about 30 decibels into the constantly annoying range. I have done the little wireing trick to disable the chime when the key is in the ignition and...

84 ford 460 engine
I have a 84 E 350 Motor Home with an 460 7.5 engine. The problem I was diagosed with, is one mechanic told me my exhaust valve guides were worn out, and needed to be replaced. He came to that...
16
16

2001 Explorer Sport Trac error codes
My son's Sport Trac has the following error codes: PO171 and PO174. Anybody able to assist in identifying the cause? The breakout (based on the Autozone tester) said "System too lean" 69800 miles on...
5
5

Gas Saver Question.
Here goes, has anyone actually tried a Ramjet Gas Saver? They claim upto 35% in savings, hard to believe. But with the price of gas these days ($1.16 a ltr) I was thinking of looking into these...
27
27

Hard to drive F250
A good friend has a 2005 Crew Cab F250 4x4 with the Camper Package. He constantly complains that the truck is very difficult to drive on the highway. It is very nervous and has very little self...
10
10

1997 Mazda B4000 ABS and 4WD warning lights problem
Bought a used 1997 Mazda B4000 last week; been driving it for 10 days without a problem. Today, when I started it, I got two warning light indications: 1. ABS light comes on and stays on. 2. 4WD HIGH...
5
5

2001 f150 odometer delay in turning on display
sometimes lately when I start my 2001 f150 XL, the odometer is blank while I am warming the truck up, but the display for the odometer always lights up within a minute - the dealer says I need a $281...
9
9

83 460 oil leak?
I've got an oil leak on an 83 E-350 motorhome with the 460 from what appears to be behind the oil filter mounting boss ... tightened the one large bolt that goes thru the middle of the mounting plate...
3
3

99 F350 - ceramic or semi-metallic pads?
I'm replacing the disk pads all the way around on my 99 F350 superduty - I carry a lot of weight in this unit (its a dually with a dump bed) and anything to increase braking power would help. Are...
4
4

Location of camshaft Position Sensor 3.0 1995 Ford Ranger? Thanks!
Does anyone know the location of the camshaft Position Sensor on a 3.0 1995 Ford Ranger? Thanks!
1
1

1990 F600 diesel conversion?
1990 F600, Allison 4spd auto, 370. What would be involved in converting this to a diesel engine? Would I be able to keeop the transmission or would the whole lot have to go? I know it very well may...
4
4

LOUD engine tapping in my 1988 Bronco II 2.9 V-6 engine. WTF?????
I know these engines have valve noises sometimes after 100,000 miles, but mine is wierd. Some times it makes a very loud tapping noise like the whole F'n engine is coming apart. Other times it runs so...
5
5

F150 Lug nut torque specs
Does anyone know what the torque should be for a 2002 F150 with 17" alloy wheels? My owners manual does not list the torque specs. Thanks in advance
6
6

Help with Stuck Brake Caliper spring bolt - frozen...
HELP?! Stuck brake caliper bolt spring... I was replacing my front brake pads on my 98 Ranger and the upper and lower bolts that screw into the "spring pins" the ones with the rubber boots - one of...
8
8

1996 Ford Ranger Antifreeze Leak
Greetings: I have a 1996 Ford Ranger (5 speed - manual transmission). Within the past week I've been noticing the smell of antifreeze in the cab. This is occurring whether the Heater, AC or Vent is on...
6
6

Uninstall Mirage alarm
Hello I have a 1992 Ford Bronco with a Mirage alarm model 9000.What I realy would like to do is uninstall it because it goes off if the wind blows.I have turned the shock sensor off and it still goes...

Camshaft position sensor on a '93 4.0L?
I have a '93 Ranger with the 4.0. The check engine light is on and it's complaining about the camshaft position sensor (actually, the error says "cylinder identification sensor"). I thought this would...
1
1

Valve Spring Compression Tool
We are changing valve seals on a 88 Ford Ranger (2.3L I4). Is there a special valve spring compression tool that we need to use? Cannot get the one I have to work and the tool shown in the manual we...
10
10

'93 Full-size Bronco
'93 Bronco Full-Size, 5.8L, 130k miles My truck tends to wander some. I find myself having to constantly chase the center of the road. It's not extreme, just annoying. I've had the truck in the air...
13
13