Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Automatic Transmission weird shifting
Automatic Transmission weird shifting 1990 Ford Ranger 4X2 Super Cab V 4.0L A4LD Transmission My vacuum modulator failed, automatic transmission fluid was being sucked into the intake. The part has...
1
1

dead battery/electrical problems with 1990 F-250
howdy - I have a quirky 1990 F-250. Bought it back in 2005. Had few if any problems with it - it always started up and ran fine. Just didn't drive it much. After 6 months, I forgot to turn off the...
14
14

Explorer transmission leak
I have a 92 Ford Explorer 4 door 4x4. The problem is that every year I take a trip to upstate New York pulling a boat and on the way up the transmission leaks when it gets hot. There are 2...
16
16

1992 Ford F-150 Rear end noise
I have a 1992 for F-150 with a limited slip rear end. It has been making wierd noises in the rear end. It starts out as just a slight clicking noise but some times it makes kind of a grinding noise....
1
1

Whistle Noise from 6.0L Diesel F350
When towing a heavy load, 13,000 pounds, up a long hill, I sometimes get a whistling sound coming from the engine at the same time the auxillary fan/pump comes on. It doesn't occur all the time, but...
11
11

93 Ranger 3.0 coolant leak at back of engine
Have a 93 Splash with 3.0 V6. Engine has about 100,000 miles. Lately I noticed water dripping from the area where the tranny and engine meet. So I refilled the radiator, started it up, popped the...
2
2

Dashboard lights - Instrument cluster 98 F150
My instrument lights are in the process of burning out one by one. I would like to change them all at once so I don't have to do this everytime a bulb goes out. Can anyone tell me how many bulbs there...
1
1

Misfiring at 40-50 mph+ (Ford Tech here's a challenge...)
I think the PCM problems / Wiring harness issues are continuing. It seems like I'm getting some mistimed firing at 40-50 mph or higher. Specifically when I apply the gas pedal at these speeds...Maybe...
10
10

High startup RPM-Adjustment?
I have an '89 E-150 with a 351W EFI. When I start it from cold, it revs fairly high for about 10 seconds, then drops down to a reasonable speed. Is there any way to set the starting RPM lower? I've...
4
4

F-150 gear ratios
I have an 89 F-150, 4.9L six, 5-sp manual and 3.05 diff gears. I have been contemplating changing to the factory 3.55 ratio. I know I'll have to change some gearset in the tranny. Is this a worthwhile...
42
42

C6 vs. E4OD?
How does the E4OD compare to the C6 in dependability, etc? I'm looking at a 1990 E-150 with the 5.8L and E4OD tranny. Thanks Tom
22
22

Vin location on Ford Ranger
I bought a 2005 Ford ranger truck which needs inspected by the state police for title. The state police need 3 vin location to verify against the title. They can only find 2. 1. Inside the dash of the...
4
4

98 expedition GEM module schematic
Anyone know where I can get a schematic of the GEM module wiring for a 98 Expedition. TIA Mike
1
1

O2 sensor on 1989 460 7.5L
Need help here. My dad baught a 1989 travelaire RV camper which has this ford econoline 460 engine, V8 7.5L. Thing is it runs very rich (5-6 miles per gallon) and alot of black stuff like unburned gas...
2
2

93 F150 vibration-front yoke replacement?
I read through the thread about the 94 4x4 and it doesn't relate to what is happening to my 2wd 93 extended cab. This is a 4.9 liter inline 6. 5-speed manual jap transmission. I've had this vibration...
5
5

2001 F250 V10
I have a 2001 F250 with a V10 with only 98k miles. I have the transmission replaced at 45k because it stop shifting. NOW it is leaking trans fluid (spraying). Has anyone out there had a similar...
7
7

Different ways to bleed the clutch
If your newer Ford or Mazda hydraulic clutch isn't leaking fluid out, but has so much trapped air in it that the clutch barely disengages, then there are several ways to bleed the air out. Reverse...

94 Ranger Stalling while driving
94 Ranger, 2.3 L engine, 5 speed manual trans. Stalls while driving. I can drive it around for some time and without warning stalls, like it ran out of gas. Everything electrical is still on, radio,...
2
2

92 F-150 rough idle, dies when put into reverse
I just discovered this group and I have a problem I could use some help with. I did a quick google and I see I first need to go to the parts store and see who does the free OBD check, but... In the...
4
4

transponder key situation, but no key: Ford Explorer
A Ford Explorer 2001 that takes a transponder key. Let's say you have no keys, what would it take to get a new key made? Is this only possible at the Ford dealers? How much roughly will it cost? Is...
68
68