Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

92 F-150 rear end
I have a 92 F-150 with a 5.0L and from what I can tell a 3.55 rear end. I am not real worried about mt towing capacity as I don't do much of that. I was wanting to possibly do some rear end swapping...
6
6

Broken nipple ported vacuum valve
How can I repair a broken off nipple from a ported vacuum valve ?
4
4

Pulling 96 5.8L upper intake
I was looking over the upper intake manifold on my 96 F350. I need to pull it so I can change my PCV valve and might as well do the TPS while its out. I understand how to get it out except for one...
4
4

Mazda/Ranger truck: Remove instrument cluster
Okay, I tried and am stumped. Need to pull the instrument cluster on a 1997 Mazda B4000 truck to replace burned out instrument light bulb. The instrument cluster is surrounded by a black plastic bezel...
2
2

2001 ford escort won’t shift to any gear
My 2001 Ford Escort won?t shift into any gear. The shifter won?t move, the car starts fine but can?t put into reverse or any gear. Any suggestions to what I can check myself before I have to tow it to...
2
2

1997 Ford Ranger 4cyl choke problem
Been having this off and on for the last year. Choke/idle doesn't work when first starting when weather is warm, but will usually start working fine in later starts during the day. Starts working...
4
4

HELP!! Screeching noise (???)
My '81 F-100 screeches when I start up, and it usually stops after a minute or two. Worse in cold weather. This last week LOUD screeches all the way home from work (20 miles). I looked at the belts,...
16
16

no power steering 99 f250?
I have a firend that has a 99 F250 2wd gas engine auto trans truck. He just had the power steering become manual steering. I looked at it and everything looks ok, hoses , fluid levels, linkage. The...
5
5

E04D trans compatibility question
Would a E04D from a like year e-150 van fit in a bronco with a failing E04D? Both are 95's
7
7

someone help please!
88 ford f150 ... 5-speed, 302, 2wd, dual tanks problems.... truck has straight duals off of each manifold.... no oxygen sensor. you start the truck up from sitting overnight, take off down the...
6
6

Opinions on the BEST injector/fuel system cleaner
Just asking ........
4
4

Electric brake controller on 2005 F-150
I recently bought a 2005 F-150 with the 5.4L engine and the factory tow package. This is probably a dumb question but I can't figure out if it has a controller for electric trailer brakes or not. The...
4
4

1987 Ford Ranger 4X4 2.9 L Problems
Thanks for all the great feedback on trying to figure this thing out. I am glad to be able to come here for help. Let me bring you up to speed. I lost power last week driving home. My engine turns...
10
10

F150 radiator cap - where is it?
This is going to sound like a silly question - but where is the radiator cap on a 1999 F150 5.4 engine? I've noticed a slow radiator fluid leak on the ground, and I want to put some stop leak in the...
5
5

2004 F150 'Steering harness Shortage'
My dealer says a steering harness will correct the 'nibble' in my steering wheel and he implys that it will help the vibration in the truck too. He says he can't get one until August 20, 2005. What is...

95 Ranger Drivetrain Noise & Vibration
1995 Ranger XLT Supercab 2WD 60K miles 2.3 L, 5-speed Man. Here’s a problem that I’ll no doubt wish I would have dealt with a couple months back. I first noticed a gear-mesh type whirr in the rear...
2
2

Ranger Seat Removal
I need to remove the bucket seats from a 2002 Ranger. The bolt is a star head. I have a #55 socket but it is too small and a #60 is too large. Three auto parts stores and the local hardware store says...
7
7

Troubleshooting a ECM code 539
My 94 Ranger, 3.0V6 gets a check engine light often. The ECM provides a code 539 " Air conditioning on during self test". No performance issues with the truck and the AC works fine, just a nagging...

Oil leak 2000 explorer
I have a 2000 Explorer, 4.0 push rod with 55000 miles and now have a small engine oil leak. Die indicates it's coming from the engine front cover (timing belt cover). It is a minute leak that's...

1985 F150 4.9L 6 cyl with manual 4 sp transmission
I have the above-mentioned truck, and I'm thinking abour purchasing a camping trailer. How much weight can this truck pull? Before I start looking at trailers, I thought it would be best to find out,...
15
15