Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

odometer not working on F350
I have a 1999 F350 super duty with a dump bed - just got it and am fixing it up. It came with a "broken" odometer - mileage is stuck in one place and the trip mileage meter doesn't work either. The...
6
6

Tires for Ranger? Wild Country XTX?
For my 99 ranger with P265/75R15, I am not able to get Michelins. They do not make this size and the local dealer won't go with a "close Fit".) They do offer the Bridgestones and also a Wild Country...
1
1

1984 F150 Rear Axle Codes
Greetings All, I have a 1984 F150 (2WD manufactured on 3/84) with a rear axle code (on the VIN) of 14. I haven't been able to find a match; the closest axle code that I can find is for a 1983 which...
1
1

Duraspark II Ignition problems
I have a 1990 motorhome with an '89 Ford 460 carburator model engine with a Duraspark II ignition system. While idling in the yard one day, all of a sudden the engine quit. After probing around I...
5
5

'85 Ranger no start, no turn over
Had a similar problem on a Toyota PU I used to own. Turned out it was a bad positive cable. I'd cleaned both ends of each cable and run through steps similar to yours with no solution. For giggles, I...
5
5

Peragon Bed Cover
Some people prefer to swear at their peragon cover, Check out before you put you money down.
4
4

Headlight 'pulse'
Had to change from working days to working nights. I've been noticing other vehicles had a 'pulse' to their headlights....now my truck has the same disease. Pulse is noticable in all lights, even when...
14
14

1987 Ford Ranger 2.9 4X4 auto w/overdrive transmission change/swap
I have the subject mentioned vehicle with a bad transmission, have had no luck finding an 1987 tranny yet.I live in New-Brunswick Canada. Just bought the truck with a bad transmission in it. Havent...

Grizzly grill guard
I'm looking for the best deal possible on a Grizzly chrome oval tube grill guard. Local dealers want what I think is a fortune. Anyone know of any dealers with good prices and good reputation? Thanks
2
2

Impco Propane Conversion - EGR not working......
I have amn Impco Propane conversion on a 1992 460 F.I. and over 10K gross vehicle weight. The conversion was since new, so I run an older FC-1 propane fuel module. I passed my CA emissions test with...
3
3

Manual 1981 FORD CUTAWAY VAN E350
I am looking for a owners or repair manual or any information you have on a Motorhome with this truck chassis. Year/Make/Model: 1981 FORD CUTAWAY VAN E350 Body Style: MOTORIZED CUTAWAY Engine: 4.9L L6...

Flashing O/D light on 2002 F250
Can anyone tell me if the O/D light was flashing and is ok after I stopped the motor and restarted again ? One dealer said if it works fine now it should be ok . One other dealer said all seems well...
18
18

95 7.3 PSD, Engine Temp Light
Getting ready to fly south for a week, while making my "Dump Run" this afternoon, the "Engine Temp" Light came on. Gage never move, seemed happy. No leaks, coolant was full. Any thoughts would be...

Compatible engines for 87 Bronco II
Situation: 1987 Bronco II with 2.9 ltr V-6, FI. Motor leaks oil, want to fix or replace. Need to know what V-6 Ford engines from Ranger/Bronco II/Aerostar/Explorer family are compatible, either the...
2
2

Troublecode 634 E4OD MLP sensor
This code recently showed itself. Apparantly the MLP sensor tells the computer gearshift position or something to that effect. Autozone doesn't stock this sensor so it looks like a dealer only part....
3
3

1990 F150 fuel delivery problem (solution!)
Google won't let me "revive" my thread, so I apologize for starting a new one. In reference to: Bob ( suggested, the problem isn't ordinary. The fuel pump does not shut off when pressure is...

4.2 L Engine not whistling a happy tune
I have a 97 Ford F150 with a 4.2L engine. When the air temp is around 35 or below I get a very loud whistling coming from the engine. It occurs mainly between 1500 to 2000 rpm but varies with engine...
3
3

Electronic Speedometer calibration
I just put much larger tires on my 2001 Ford F150 4x4. My speedometer is off now. How do I calibrate it myself?
2
2

Hot water tube connector leaking coolant
I have a 93 F-250 with the 7.5 liter (460) engine that I recently purchased, and it started leaking coolant. The part that's leaking as basicaly a 90 degree coupler that comes out of the water pump...
13
13

Tensioner on 99 Ranger - No room to move wrench
Greetings, I am changing my fan belt on a 99 Ranger with a/c. I got the old one off but to get the new one on is not working out. I am loosening the tension with a wrench on the central tensioner...
3
3