Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cooling problems(94 F150 Lightning)
OK, I have been having some problems keeping the 351W cool. I have already changed the waterpump(about 9,000 miles ago), the thermostat(180), and put a brand new radiator in. It usually gets hot when...
13
13

Tire shopping
I'm shopping for tires to replace those on my 1994 F150 4x4. I use it mostly for pulling a 4000# trailer. Currently has 31-10.50x15 A/T tires, which I like. I don't want a real aggressive tread for...
12
12

1979 F-350 CA smog requirements
I bought a 1979 F-350 on E-bay. You can see pictures of it (top and bottom) at . The previous owner put a Holly double-pumper on it, and plugged all the vacuum lines. There appears to be an EGR valve...

'78 351M Motor flooding problem
Hi all I have a very strange problem with a '78 351M motor with a 2 barrel carb. The motor itself is sound and very good as far as I can tell. But here is the problem. I can start the motor and get...
7
7

91 f150 no oil pressure
I am thinking of buying a 91 f150 but the oil pressure gauge is reading no pressure the owner says its just plugged but i want to test this myself I have the truck in my possesion for a bit before i...
2
2

What does the "HD" designation mean?
I am looking to purchased a used truck, and have noticed in the classifieds, that some are listed with "HD" in the description. In considering F250/350s aren't all of them heavy duty trucks, or does...
2
2

F150 AC condensate drain problems
2003 F150 XLT 6000 miles. I am having problems with water soaked carpet on the passenger side of my truck. After some investigation I found the rubber doughnut around the AC drain to be soaking wet....

4.6L Misfiring 2000 Expedition
For the guys on the Explorer Newsgroup, sorry for the double-post. The truck I need help with is a 00 Expedition, 4.6L with 49,300 miles on it. Regular maintenance performed. No major problems what so...
2
2

Starter relay location on F350?
1989 F350 with 460cid I am getting intermittent starting problems. When the ignition key is turned, nothing happens, cannot even hear starter relay clicks. Happens about 1 time out of 3. I haven't yet...
4
4

Trailer Wiring on Expedition problems
I have a 2000 Expedition. I am using the flat 4-Prong plug that was installed from the factory. About 2 years ago, I took it to the dealership and had the last 3 feet of wiring replaced. It is a...
5
5

Intake manifold recommendations for 393 stroker ?
I've built a 393 stroker moter for my '82 Bronco. Before it became a 393 it had an Edelbrock Performer and a Holley 600 cfm double pumper. I can still use that combination on the 393, BUT I also have...

95 Aerostar airbag warning light is blinking in code(s).
I have a blinking airbag warning light on dash. Codes have varied, usually starting with one, then switching to another. Keeps up for whole trip. Flashing sequences are, in frequency of occurrence:...

GEM module - Ford Ranger 2000
Does anyone know where the GEM (general electronic module) is located on a 2000 Ford Ranger? It appears that the GEM is overheating. The windshield wipers only work, except at maximum speed, below 60...
6
6

02 E350 license/lamp assembly part #?
I have a 2002 Ford E350 which I'm trying to either get a part number, or source to find, the black plastic license plate lamp holder/bracket for? It's held on with two fasteners and holds the twist on...
5
5

E4od PTO
I was wondering if anyone was using the pto on their e4od tranny and what I might be able to hook up to it. I have a 93 F350 service truck for my heavy equipment. Thanks...Alan

M5OD Transmission Removal
Hello All, I'm trying to remove my M5OD manual transmission from my 2002 F150 V6 truck for a clutch/slave cylinder replacement. All the necessary bolts have been removed, but I can only slide the...

Ford Ranger Wiring Diagrams
Hey Everyone!! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has helped me out. So in return, I wanted to send some links that I have used to find the wiring diagrams for my Ford Ranger, and there...
4
4

Eaton M90 Supercharger Oil Change Guide
If your Ford Lightning or Harley Davidson F-150 is equipped with an Eaton roots style supercharger this guide might be useful for you when you need to change the supercharger oil.

89 octane in triton 5.4?
Hello group, I'm thinking about buying a 2000 F-150 with the triton 5.4 engine. It has 29,200 miles on the odometer. The owner has used mostly 89 octane gasoline. He says it idles rougher on 87 octane...
5
5

DESPERATE for rear disc brake BACKING PLATE 99 Econoline SD
I am desperately trying to find a ____________________________________________________ 1999 Econoline Super Duty E350 rear disc brake BACKING PLATE ____________________________________________________...
44
44