Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ranger spare tire bolt
I lost my bolt for my 94 Ranger, not the eye bolt, but the other one that holds the spare tire up against the bottom of my bed. It looks very ordinary so I'd like to go to the hardware and buy a...
2
2

88 F-150 4.9 EFI runs rich
Seeing as this in a EFI, I was curious if there is a way to adjust fuel/air mixture. The truck is hard to start, and when it is sitting at an idle, it smells like it is running very rich. So much to...
13
13

93 F-250 7.5L won't start
I have a 93 F-250 with the 7.5L engine. It always starts as soon as I turn the key, until the other day when I had to crank it for about 5 seconds before it started, but it ran perfectly fine after it...
15
15

How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150
I have disabled the "seat belt minder" which stops the contant +30 decibel beyoned comfort level constant dinging but I want to shut it up completely. I researched the wire and disconnected the one...
13
13

Ford ranger battery light on still
Hi I have replaced everything to the charging system and the only way the truck will stay running is hooked to another car if u disconnect from the car it drains battery really fast and then cuts out...
4
4

Drum Brakes
I recently acquired a 1990 Ford Ranger 4 cyl 2.3L I had to replace the rear drum brakes, springs, cylinder everything. I tried to bleed them and nothing came out. I released the bleeder valve on both...
1
1

2005 F-150: Seatbelt Fastened Sensor?
I see a couple of wires coming out of the seatbelt fastener and going into a white connector. viz: If I can manage to disconnect this connector, will that stop the alarm from sounding every time I put...
3
3

2007 F150 temp gauge showing hot
the temp gauge will rise to hot and a warning note will advise to check gauges. we have had the temp sending replaced and the rediator cleaned out seem to fix problem for several months. now it is...
3
3

1992 Ford Festiva solid lifter/ rocker arm/tappet noise
Hi, I have a 1992 Ford Festiva (carburetor engine) and i cant fix the engine ta pping noise, my mehcanic told me i need to replace the cylinder head, so we replaced it with a full assembly of cylinder...
2
2

How long are recalls honored?
THE IGNITION SWITCH COULD EXPERIENCE AN INTERNAL SHORT CIRCUIT. Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE IGNITION SWITCH. Potential Units Affected: 7900000 I've only owned this truck for two years. I have no...
4
4

Can I change the freeze plugs on a 4.9L without removing the engine?
i would back up a bit and ask yourself why the freeze plugs are leaking in the first place. there's only two reasons - one is neglect, the other is gross neglect for #1, if the vehicle's been run...
43
43

Shelf-It?
Has anyone used this product in a '93 or similar body F-series pickup? I ask because it looks from pics on the web like some models the visors mount "normally" and some they mount backwards, I don't...
10
10

Overheating 351W -Help!!
(I posted this a few weeks ago but still haven't cured it) My 1990 E150 van with a 351W overheats after about 15 minutes of driving. It rises to the midpoint after about 5 minutes and stays there...
16
16

AOD Tranny noise-'87 E150
Our '87 van has developed a whine in the AOD tranny. It occurs only in forward, not reverse. When I shift it into any forward position, with the brakes on, it starts. Not real loud, but enough to...
2
2

those crappy Ford dash vents
I bet someone's already figured this out, but I figured I'd post in case a couple of you might not have... I've got a '93 F-150, actually pretty good shape overall although both bumpers need...
14
14

'68 F100 door lock Question
On my '68 you lock door from outside w/key when leaving it. In later years they added feature where you could push down lock knob before closing door, then hold in the outside door button, close door,...
5
5

2000 Expedition smokes at startup
Symptoms: The classic symptom of bad valve stem seals is, if when starting the car, after it has set for a little while (say over night), clouds of smoke appear from the exhaust and then stops after a...
15
15

Oil Pressure Gauge Problem
Hello group, I'm posting for a friend since he doesn't have access to this group. Anyways, he has a 1999 Ranger w/ 4.0L engine, auto, and 4 wheel drive. His oil pressure gauge bounces around...
13
13

Ford Ranger shift knob removal
I have a 2005 Ranger and this morning I was looking at how to remove the 5 speed shift knob, but was not able to figure it out. I want to add a cue ball like I have on my Mustang.
7
7

Refrigerant capacity for 99 Navigator with aux air?
Can someone out there with a good library tell me the refrigerant capacity for a 99 Navigator with Aux A/C? I need to replace a hose and would like to charge to the design capacity. Thanks ! skimmer
9
9