98 expedition door panels

I need to change out my driver side door lock actuator. I have never taken off the panel. Does anyone have a diagram that would help me out? Thanks.

Reply to
jeff maneval

If it is anything like the 99 F150, there is a screw behind the door handle and the safety light lense. It will then just lift straight up.

Jeff

jeff maneval wrote:

Reply to
SuperDuty

Done this so many times :<

  1. Need to remove triangular trim piece at front of door.
  2. pop the power window/door switch panel.
  3. unplug window/door lock switches
  4. pop the trim piece around the door handle.
  5. unbolt the door handle.
  6. pop the door light panel.
  7. remove screws - one in door light, one at top right of door where the triangular trim had been, one in the middle above door handle.
  8. twist door light and push it back into door.
  9. Door panel should now lift up and out - don't pull back on panel - this will break plastic hooks at bottom of door - panel has to be lifted up.
  10. unplug power mirror switch.
  11. Door should be completely off.

Power Door lock actuator is riveted in place. If you find a replacement at a reasonable price, I'd like to know where you got it, since I want to replace mine too - old one sitting here next to me. If you want to contact me directly - snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net. Good luck.

Michael

Reply to
98Expedition