More Tires - Nokian Vatiiva

Any opinions on the Nokian Vatiiva? I had never heard of them before today. How do they compare in performance/price with some of the other popular truck tires? Thanks,

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

Geez,

I don't think I would go buying a tire that I couldn;t read about in some tech magazine first. Tires are a big and important investment. Be careful buying a no-name just to save a few bucks.

Below is their company contact info. You might want to ask them for some tech and performance infomation. Nokian Tyres Inc. 339 Mason Rd. La Vergne, TN 37086 Toll free: 1-800-565-2525 Telephone: (615) 287-0600 Fax: (615) 287-0610

Good luck,

hey there

Very good tires.

Nokian is not well known probably because people tend to buy mass merchandised crap before they consider other options.

I have Nokian WRs on my truck and on my wifes Intrepid, I have no plans to ever switch tire brands away from Nokian.

I have several customers who have the Vativa on their trucks and/or SUVs, so far, all have been extremely pleased with the traction, ride comfort and lack of noise.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Nokian tires are not no name and their pricing structure certainly isn't aimed at the budget minded.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Thanks for the input. Nokian tires are recommended by Kal-Tires 160 stores in Canada and you are right, they are not budget priced.

I am look> >

Reply to
Stephen

The first thing is; you'll wonder how GoodYear has managed to stay in business as long as they have...;-)

The Nokians will have much better wet traction, better traction in snow, better wear resistance, you may notice that in snow, your ABS (if equipped) doesn't activate as often. I've found that in snow driving, I don't need to use my 4WD as often. Even at the elevated inflation pressures of a 6 ply tire, they'll probably ride smoother than your Wranglers did at lower pressure.

I was a skeptic, I listened to my brother in law carp about these tires for years, then I broke down a and bought a set for the Intrepid (just to shut him up). Brother in law wasn't BSing me, when the truck needed tires, the choice was easy.

Fantastic tires!

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Is there a contact website? I would be interested in getting some onfo and or finding a dealer near me in Western NY.

Reply to
My Own Little Universe

Mark Olson

An acquaintenance who can afford whatever he wants put them on his truck and says there are none better.

Quality doesnt come cheap R

Reply to
Rudy