My Hubbys truck Ol' Blue

My husband passed away so I have a question...

I have an 81' Ford Custom F100 truck up for sale. It only has a little over "50,000 original" miles on it.

6 cylinder, stick shift ,"not" 4 wheel drive. Has the light system and hookup to haul trailers or boats or whatever. Some people don't believe the miles on it but it's true. A man bought it then passed away and then it sat in a barn then my hubbys cuz bought it then my hubby bought it from him and he hardly put but a lil over 20,000 on it when he had it. Its in great shape and runs awsome, I am asking $1,500 for it and some "men in the neighborhood" say I am asking to much. I know I am not asking too much as our mechanic is an ace mechanic(certified and has done this for many many years) and was my Hubbys cousin so Hubby put alot of $$ & work into new parts because my hubby was like that...he liked to redo everything and hooked it all up. He paid $1,200 for it and put about a thousand or more in new parts for the hell of it, as I said before he was just like that. Hope I can sell it before winter.

Its light Blue....Meatplow called it a f***ot color and my hubby was _not happy about that_ as it is Original paint...he however planned on painting it before he passed away :( It was going to be a darker Blue. Has very very little small spots on the body to fix. Bed liner and Tool box on it also (black) and hood shield. Inside is in great shape. I am thinking about putting in a add in a local paper that goes to about 4-5 counties, better then putting it in our actuall Local paper that cost way to much to advertize.

So what do the men out there think about the price (and no Ford jokes ok...remember it's an 81 and runs its azz off!) & does not have to be E-checked anymore for us that have to do that! It's a classic now~

25 yrs old. One middle aged man thought it was a '91' he said "that truck has been taken care of well"

I could post a piccy of it afterbit in alt.binaries.buzzard and alt.binaries.pictures.misc so you all can see. Matter of fact I am standing here I will post the piccys now.

Help a lady decide what to do what to do!!!

**OK I posted the pictures so go check it out before the group gets flooded with stupid pictures :)**
Reply to
CountryStuff

Based on the information you posted and the pics you posted, I took the liberty of running an Edmunds.com on-line appraisal for you. They had a Private Party Value of $386, a Dealer Retail of $554. Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) only went back to 1986 so I couldn't run it. I used my own ZIP, but I am in Michigan which probably isn't much different from Ohio in how location affects value.

Anyway, if it's running really well, a in my opinion you could get maybe $700-800 for it.

Sorry :-(

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I've never seen a used truck that I was willing to buy that I could get for Blue Book prices. My current 1988 F-250 I paid $9K for when the Blue Book price was $5K. Anything similar and close to the Blue Book price was trashed. It appears that trucks are expected to be used as trucks, and the Blue Book price reflects a lot of abuse. The credit union affirmed that when I took out the loan.

Reply to
Ken Finney

Based on the information you posted and the pics you posted, I took the

> liberty of running an Edmunds.com on-line appraisal for you. They had a > Private Party Value of $386, a Dealer Retail of $554. Kelly Blue Book > (kbb.com) only went back to 1986 so I couldn't run it. I used my own ZIP, > but I am in Michigan which probably isn't much different from Ohio in how > location affects value. > > Anyway, if it's running really well, a in my opinion you could get maybe > $700-800 for it. > > Sorry :-( >

Dang that hurtz! Even tho` it's a Classic now?? Ouch I cannot take a bid that low, here in the Buckeye St.~ someone will bite my price and fix that lil rust and maybe paint it and resell it for 2 gran or more...seriously, you should see the trucks they try to sell around here, totall JUNK for 1,500 sometimes more ! So anyway Thanks!!, seriously for checking that out. I might go with the starting price at say $1,600 and see what happens. doesn't hurt, I am a good wealer dealer. Use to sell 14 ktJewlery and have bought many older cars. Love them. Nothing better then some real old steal around you when your driving! I tried Kelly Blu book also and saw that it only went back to 1986...sorta weird if you ask me! I will keep you all posted when I do sell it...pictures do not do it justice. But anyone else with an opinion feel free to add those also. Thank you~ CountryStuff

Reply to
CountryStuff

Well, the blue book on my 02 f250 is around 17,000 and (most definitely not trashed) and the bidding only went up to 10,000 on eBay when I listed it recently.

There is a conditional rating for the online appraisers.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Why would you even think of selling this fine machine? 50K?....not even broke-in good yet!

I would really like to see the pics, but I couldn't find one in the 'buzzard' group and there are too many hit for the other, so could you post the url(s)?

I'm thinking I'll see my truck! The description fits even to the color, but my '81 now is approaching 300k miles. I paid $10K for it, brand-new, back in '81. There is no way I'd take a measly $1500 for mine. My granddaughter has had her eye on it for sometime now, and today she turns 16....so I'll have to keep dodgin'/duckin'!

Please post the url(s)....thanks!

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Based on the information you posted and the pics you posted, I took the

>liberty of running an Edmunds.com on-line appraisal for you. They had a >Private Party Value of $386, a Dealer Retail of $554. Kelly Blue Book >(kbb.com) only went back to 1986 so I couldn't run it. I used my own ZIP, >but I am in Michigan which probably isn't much different from Ohio in how >location affects value. > >Anyway, if it's running really well, a in my opinion you could get maybe >$700-800 for it. > >Sorry :-(

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but in my neck of the woods (central WA), any vehicle in decent running shape, especially a pickup, can bring $1500.

Personally, I wouldn't let the truck go for any less than that if it is as you describe it. There are a lot of people that know a bargain when they see it, and an older low mileage pickup would be a real deal at $1500.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4 (with a quickly declining book value!)
Reply to
Matt Mead

HEY then you can come on up and buy this one for her! :) I am selling it because my Husband passed away. :( I hate to even sell it.

Reply to
CountryStuff

PS> is this the right email maybe I can send you the pictures? snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

Reply to
CountryStuff

Thank you...I am almost ready to keep it and take it to Fla when I move for my brother to get me around till I get another car! I just sold my Olds Delta 88 royal...1984 for $625.00 That broke my heart too...not my brother in law saw it setting somewhere with a $1.500 for sale tag on it...grrr! ;o)

Reply to
CountryStuff

Right, yes this is not a trash bucket...very well taken care of. Thanks

Reply to
CountryStuff

*sighs* Anyway, I have someone coming over to look at the truck...cousins boyfriend. I am sticking firm to the $1,500...I feel almost sad about selling it...dang, it was his truck and he was so proud of it. But if somone in the Family will buy it and give it all the TLC he gave it I will be ok with that. I do need Money to move come this spring, I am heading south to Fla. with the rest of my side of the family...closer to my brothers /sis in laws and nephews and neices. _ I will miss ol` blue almost as much as I do my hubby_...it's a great truck , feel like I am losing more of him everyday :( OK sorry for the sad post just felt you all helped me out about sticking firm to the price and I appriciate the support about that....if he does not buy It I will post and let you all know, I still say Grandpa Putt shoud get this for his Grandaughter...papaw and grandaughter matching trucks :)) Thats like a happy story I would like to tell after I sell it :) Oh well ...we will see. As you can tell by now I am wishy washy about selling it....sorta sentimental after all the hrs him... (my hubby) and his cousin put into it and the good times they had while doing so. I am going outside and take some more pictures of it :)) Then I will have updated pictures to remember it by 'if' I indeed sell it. I will have to figure out a way to turn them into URL's...just so you can get a better look and see :)

Thank you all~ Your Ford Truck luvin friend !

-- CountryStuff ~ Broken hearted in the Buckeye State~~

Reply to
CountryStuff

If my father hadn't just given me the 1978 with 69k on it, I would have been looking into airfare to your area to buy it.

I hope whomever gets it gives it the respect it deserves.

T> *sighs*

Reply to
Anthony W

That was nice of him and cool on he offer to buy it but as of tomorrow around noon it will be sold for what I ask $1,500 ;)) And I DID tell him he better take care of it the right way, I think he will , he is a middle aged man . Thanks!

Reply to
CountryStuff

It sounds like your truck is going to some one that will give it the respect it deserves.

There's more of a story behind my truck. My father got into a small fender bender with it a couple months ago and decided that he's now to old to drive it.

The front bumper is bent, the grill and one headlight ring are tweaked. For this little damage the insurance company totaled it. They paid him $1800, told him to keep the truck but tagged the title as totaled/reconstructed. The DMV inspector agreed that it was stupid to total it but tagged the title anyway.

It bothers me a little that the title is tagged but don't plan to ever sell it. Right now I'm gathering parts for the restoration but a paint job to cover the faded paint is going to be the big expense. It still drives like new and I plan to make it look as good as it drives.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Yeh that makes me happy although they could not make it today (something to do with the kid or somestuff) anyway they will be here in the morning.

Aww I remember when My Dad realized he had to quit driving. :( RIP now Dad , Awsome man he was . Anyway....but he knew it was time and we did not have to ask him. Smart man, sharp that way.

Jerks, they just wanted him to lose or pay more for ins. jerks...I am just guessing that of course.

Your dad will be so happy about that...it's still his status symbol you understand ?, only now he lives through you with it, so anything you do good is going to make him a happy man.

Best of luck to you and him also...bless his heart :) At least he knows when its time to stop driving, and now you don't have to be tagged the bad guy that made him stop driving , I know all of us kids (6 of us) were real happy that he made that choice himself.

Laura~

Reply to
CountryStuff

Unfortunately he only quit driving the truck... He still driving his car. he has to got to traffic court for the accident and I'm hoping he will be ordered to be retested. I think if he takes a driving class for people his age, he will be OK on the road again or at least for around town...

I think that is at least part of it. As you ran into and old truck with low miles is way undervalued by the blue book.

He always expected give me the truck someday, I'm just glad that I didn't have to inherit it. Like I mentioned before I'm going to replace all the damaged bits and have it repainted (the stock red and white) to make look as good as it runs.

It has a camper shell on it, and I can put my inflatable boat in the back (with the outer ring deflated) and all I have to do is pump up the last air chamber, put on the motor and we're fishing. Well that's the plan anyway...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Also glad you did not have to inherit it...my dad lived in Fla and man they drive wild downthere! He was best off the road.

I see.

Ahh yes fishing the best thing for serenity...good for the mind, get away from all that matters and go fishing, can't wait till I get to Fla. and do some fishing :)

-- CS~ Laura

Reply to
CountryStuff

You gotta be dreaming. or your definition of wild is a lot different than mine. Most of them haven't a clue how to get down the road, and in the cities every entrance ramp that comes on the highways is a reason to come to a dead stop. I can tool a 53 footer through Chicago, or around the Atlanta loop, or through LA easier than a four wheeler through Tampa, Orlando or Jacksonville. The only place worse I've seen is the loops around DC, but then they have 7 times the volume of traffic.

Florida fishing is the pits, at least fresh water is. No walleye, no pike, no pickerel, no yellow perch, no rainbow, lake or brown, or any other trout, no black bass, no small mouth bass. Just Big mouth bass and sun fish. And in all but a few sources they don't recommend you consume too much of what you catch because of high mercury levels. There is something oh so soothing about wading in a creek casting a fly, even if the trout don't rise, or drifitng on a lake lazy foot dangling i the water watching a bobber(not wise to dangle feet in water in Florida)

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

It sounds well worth $1500, doesn't it? More importantly, though, it doesn't really matter what you ask for it. $1500 is not much money for YOU or the BUYER. So don't feel bad about it. You could give it away if you wanted to. It's not like $1500 is going to pay many bills.

Reply to
Joe