replacing 2002 Ford Ranger 3.0L Edge’s fuel filter?

Is replacing the fuel filter on a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0l v6 pretty much a straight forward venture? I?m assuming it?s just a matter of clamping the lines and removing them from the filter and putting in a new one. If I?m wrong, please someone let me know before I do something I?ll regret! Thanks for the help!

Tony

Reply to
Shakieh31

Shouldn't be too big of a task, but I would imagine you will need a specialty tool to seperate the high pressure lines. Soak them in lubricant before you attempt this. Also, find the fuel pump shutoff switch and unplug the connector before you touch the lines. Then crank the engine two or three times to relieve the fuel pressure. Otherwise you will end up with gasoline spraying all over you when you get the lines unhooked.

Good luck Sharky

Reply to
Sharky

Like Sharky said the specialty tool is probably a plastic disc with a collar that kinda pushes into the connector and releases it. You should be able to find it at an auto parts store. I had to buy a set of different sizes but they didn't cost all that much.

Reply to
Ulysses