Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Here's a new plan for Big Three to prosper
Consumers had irrational allegiance to one of the 3 American car makers in the past. One time or another, all of the 3 made big goofs. Yet, the allegiance still stuck. So did the name calling that was...

fuel cells

UAW inflexible on concessions...
Morons. The companies are about to go down the tubes but the union leaders refuse to give anything back. As a matter of fact, they're asking for more. The auto industry in this country should be...
6
6

Re: Commentary: America cares little about fate of Detroit's Big Three
But Mike, it's not HIS opinion. It's the text of a column (the link is shown) by Daniel Howes in the Detroit News. I'm not sure why Mr. Higgins continues to cut and paste the full text of the articles...

Re: Commentary: America cares little about fate of Detroit's Big Three
Actually, Toyota does pay money to the US Gov't and state government for taxes. In addition, Ford was not offered federal loans. That's the results of my search. If my search were faulty, please...

Re: UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.
Really? I had an angina attack and went to the local hospital. The ER doctor their told me I needed to be seen by a cardiologist at once. Ten minutes later he was there. He sent me by helicopter to...

Re: Is the compensation number accurate or misleading?
I don't think a dishwasher would ever make as much as a doctor or someone in skilled trades unless the dishwasher applied himself, got a better or more education in a particular field, and changed...

Re: 3.8 series III
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:36:58 -0500, Tim cast forth these pearls of wisdom...: Neither - timing chain.
2
2

the final nail in the coffin
GMAC, once a profit-generating life raft for GM, has had its own problems in the past year due to problems in financial and automotive markets. It reported a $2.5 billion loss in the third quarter,...

Re: GM admits it flucked up big time
Why would anybody be jealous of impotence?

Re: GM admits it flucked up big time
Desires? Not sure. If I hit the lottery tomorrow, I think I'd own a BMW 7 Series for fair weather driving (they're absurd in snow), and stick with my Tacoma 6 cyl for winter or towing my very small...

Re: It Takes More Energy To Produce A Prius Then A Hummer
Actually, yup. The lifetime of the battery is about 120,000 miles. Then you take it to the dealer and have another one installed.

Re: Lithium-ion batteries limited lifespan
There are no battery factories in the US All imported

Re: It Takes More Energy To Produce A Prius Then A Hummer
The area around Sudbury, Ontario was a disaster back in the 1970s. It has since become a model for environmental restoration and has received multiple awards (long before the Prius hit the production...
2
2

Re: 7 Myths About Detroit Automakers
yes, it does. For some reason, you have had bad experiences with your GM products. The person who has replied to you earlier and owned GM products, along with me, has had no problems with them. That...
3
3