Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: GM Build Quality
driving a Lucerne instead of a Sonata. It clicked 47000 miles today and not a bit of a problem yet. It was 15 degrees this morning and the heated seat worked, not like my Buick at 1.5 years and no...

Re: Oops was Re: Buick Lacrosse Super 537 engine - Regular or premium gas?
Lacrosse and Lucerne Supers? Those are pretty strong engines for sedans that size. I like that idea! The Honga and Mazda 6 Cylinder engines are strong but not GM V8 strong. The torque rating on the...
1
1

Re: GM Build Quality
I chuckle every time I see Jeremy Clarkson pun about GM quality. I take it he has never set foot in a Korean or Chinese car, or worse yet the US equivalent of a Ford which is miiiles away from Euro...

Re: Still Lacking "PLANS," GM, Ford, Chrysler DEMAND Bailouts -- But What About CAFE "Increases" By 2020? Are We Suckers, Or What?
lower income people (at least those that have reproduced) don't pay federal income tax. For them to file an income tax return not only gets back all their withholding but some extra money on top of...

Re: Did Wagoner's Volt really drive the distance?
True enough, but what I said was "the power plants used to create MOST of the electricity...." and this is true. Fossil fuel power plant provide around 2/3's of the electricity in the US. And, clearly...

Re: Detroit is a ghost town
More examples:

Re: Import owners are to blame for the recession
I've been driving for over 40 years, and have owned nothing but American branded autos. I have never had reliability problems and would not consider buying an import (please don't argue that a Toyota...
2
2

Re: People Are Hurting
recipients:> Oshawa's 96% jump in employment insurance recipients leads country> Windsor, Ont., is runner-up as automaking centres show big Sept. increases> Last Updated: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 |...

Re: Knock sensor? What does it do?
You don't need to drain the antifreeze if you plan it right. You will loose a little antifreeze. Just have the new sensor ready to screw in and pull the old one, hold a finger over the hole and then...

Re: Still Lacking "PLANS," GM, Ford, Chrysler DEMAND Bailouts -- But What About CAFE "Increases" By 2020? Are We Suckers, Or What?
The "facts" that you claim are dubious at best and invented at worst. All told the Final Arbiter of Automotive Success, aka the American Consumer, has long since decided that the Tiny Three (soon to...

Re: BAILOUTS for AUTO MAKERS: Bad Move From Any Perspective!
I suppose you had Iraq and Afghanistan in mind ? Graham

Re: domino
You are still not getting it DUDE!. If we stop burning gasoline, it will all be "excess" gasoline, that will need to be burned off at the refineries. Much the same way we currently burn off all...

OT; My two cents worth
In the 70s and 80s my wife and I purchased 6 new GM cars and was less than satisfied with every one. Early 90s she bought her first Honda and myself a Toyota. We were able to drive all of these cars...

Even in Michigan, Not Everyone Wants a Lifeline
Even in Michigan, Not Everyone Wants a Lifeline Mich. ? Wander Michigan?s cities and towns, and many residents offer the same message about the prospect of a $34 billion bailout of America?s...

FA: 1971 Buick Skylark GS
bid $500