Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

GMAC's red ink adds to GM woes
GMAC's red ink adds to GM woes Motors Corp.'s credit rating fell deeper into junk status as the financial services company it partially owns posted a $2.5 billion quarterly loss Thursday, a day before...

GM posts $15.5 billion loss
If Rick Wagoner and the GM Board were honorable men then they would resign for incompetence and quit making excuse after excuse after excuse. GM posts $15.5 billion loss YORK ( -- General Motors...
1
1

Secrets of Oil
The gas thread just reminded me that Secrets of Oil is on Modern Marvels tonight. It repeats at 1:00AM if you want to record it. (that is three hours from now) They say we can save 90 million barrels...
1
1

New thread on 'Top Tier' gasoline...
Just an observation. When I use gasolines listed as being 'Top Tier' gas, the mileage goes DOWN in my Supra, Scion tC and a Chrysler LHS I had a year ago. I usually use Gulf oil ,since they are local...
33
33

Wagoner May Say GM Lost $2 Billion on Leases in SUV-Value Drop
Wagoner May Say GM Lost $2 Billion on Leases in SUV-Value Drop July 31 (Bloomberg) -- Collapsing values of leased sport- utility vehicles may force General Motors Corp. Chief Executive Officer Rick...
8
8

Auto lease writedowns drive $2.5B loss at GMAC
The cash burn continues unabated. Auto lease writedowns drive $2.5B loss at GMAC -- GMAC Financial Services said today it swung to a net loss of $2.48 billion in the second quarter as its auto finance...

slumping General Motors
"We can't force General Motors to produce vehicles they can't sell," "the union boss said he told GM CEO Rick Wagoner that a bankruptcy filing was inevitable"

FS: Great Buick Items
1988 BUICK REGAL GS COLOR BROCHURE - MINT !!! BUICK SOMERSET COUPE COLOR AD BUICK PARK AVENUE ULTRA COLOR AD

Imperial Palace Auto Collections Pictures - Las Vegas, NV
After a long day at the SEMA auto show, I dragged my buddies over to see even more cars at the Imperial Palace Hotel's Auto Collections show floor. The attraction is known for having one of the...

97 Blazer shuts off
97 Blazer 2 door, 4.3, 4 spd auto, manual windows, a/c, am/fm/cass radio. Several times now, the truck has just shut off while driving. Low speed, high speed, I can't correlate it to hitting a bump or...
2
2

'02 Sonoma fuel economy
I just bought an '02 Sonoma pickup, 2WD with the 4.3 vortec and automatic overdrive, about 85k miles. Have a couple of questions: On the first tankful of gas I got just over 21 MPG, and the driving...
9
9

Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars
Doomed GM plant Is GM doomed? Ontario eyes cars for doomed GM A new survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf of AskVet found that pet owners spend hundreds of hours researching their pet’s symptoms...

changing thermostat \ throttle body on 99 Monte Carlo with 3.1 engine
I saw no detailed description on how to change a Thermostat on a 1999 Monte Carlo with a 3.1 engine. I finally figured out how to do it. Here are the instructions THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT TOOLS: Pliers...

Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars
The other problems with most of these surveys is that they express "problems per hundred". That makes trivial differences seem like significant differences. How does 150 problems versus 200 problems...
1
1

Sunny San Diego's JARVIS AUTO REPAIR is on the move
Jarvis Auto Repair is San Diego's Cadillac and G.M. best known independent shop to keep your "baby" running smooth and safe. Whatever ails your vehicle will be fixed by Jose Moreno, Owner and his top...