Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chevrolet spiral wound brake lines
Does anybody know what the purpose of the spiral wire wound brake lines is on GM cars and trucks? The only reference I can find calls it "coiled armor shielding". Maybe so the steel line doesn't get a...
5
5

Carfax report for VIN is JN1CA21D9XT801867
Hi, Can anyone help us getting the Carfax Vehicle report for VIN Number : JN1CA21D9XT801867. It is very urgent please. Thanks satya
1
1

Biofuel is the way to go? OPEC says ethanol is "the reason for rising fuel costs.."
The biofuels industry is responding to OPEC's claims that ethanol is the reason for high gas prices. Yeah right! Ethanol keeps the prices lower. Several biofuels organizations issued the following...

GM, Ford `On the Verge of Bankruptcy,' Altman Says (Update1)
GM, Ford `On the Verge of Bankruptcy,' Altman Says (Update1) July 22 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co., the two biggest U.S. automakers, have about a 46 percent chance of default...
1
1

Flint remembers GM's glory with parade marking 100th anniversary
Flint remembers GM's glory with parade marking 100th anniversary Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 wants to die at idle
Hello all... I've got a 1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 that runs and drives well in every way except one--sometimes at idle or when coming to a stop, it will simply die. It always starts right back up...
2
2

Soffseal Weatherstrips
I recently purchased a set of glass run channel weatherstrips from Soffseal for my 1977 Chevy full size van. Although they closely resembled the OEM part they were not the same and would not fit...

LS1 GM engine
Question, Having never messed with the later GM engines, I don't know so I thought I'd ask here. The engine is a LS1 out of a 2000 Camaro. Can the block be bored? If so, how much overbore can it take,...
1
1

Save on gas by buying a used vehicle and converting it.
If you buy a used vehicle (not deisel engined) you can save the high cost of getting a hybrid. Propane systems have improved dramatically now that gasoline engines are fuel injected and use computers....
12
12

Remove Front Door Panels 1997 Buicl LeSabre
I need to remove the front door panels on 1997 Buick Lesabre to change the mirrors How do the door panels come off?
1
1

1998 C1500 transmission
About 1/2 hour ago, I was on my way home in my 1998 Chevy C1500, V6, short bed, automatic transmission. I stopped at an intersection then as I was going through the intersection, I heard a loud noise...
3
3

hi
Being a GM employee.. i Agree.. that GM is loosing money. But, that is only in North America region, where everyone is suffering at present. Worldwide GM has its presence in 198 countries, with...

PICS: GM Next-Gen Models Revealed, Including Chevy Cruze
Here we go again, as General Motors Corp. once again unveils a host of coming models to reassure a jittery Wall Street, a speculating media and fleeing investor base that the company not only is on...

Chevrolet moves into the '80's..
Glenn Beck has been advertising Chevrolet and their 'innovations' for a few months now, beginning with the Malibu commercial touting their Variable Valve technology, and today reporting on their dual...
21
21

Re: General Motors retiree: ‘This is a knife stab in the back’
I hope all of you that read about the retiree insurance and do not think it can happen to you will relize it can. It is time to think before buying those cheap foreign goods and question where your...
12
12