Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 LeSabre cranks but....
OK..I removed all the spark plugs and the engine began cranking steadily..Coolant sprayed out of the spark plug hole near the firewall and on the passenger side....Anyway..Put the plugs back in and...
2
2

97 Grand Am
I have a 97 Grand Am with a 3.1 Litre engine while driving the ETS light goes on and the ABS light goes on and won't go off until the car is restarted. When reading the codes no codes appear. The...
3
3

Bottom-fish for auto stocks -- or sushi?
Bottom-fish for auto stocks -- or sushi? in General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. plunged during this week's market meltdown, with GM closing Friday at $11.55 a share and Ford down to $4.98. It was...

Re: How do I get the rear seats....
- xposted for you. LOL! Is that the 5.7L impala? I love that car. What a kick to drive. Would the bolts be under the floorpan?
2
2

GM shares at 33-year low on downgrade
GM shares at 33-year low on downgrade YORK ( -- General Motors stock price fell 10% Thursday, to the lowest level in more than 33 years, as analysts reacted to a Goldman Sachs downgrade and continued...
7
7

GM Is Lowered to `Sell' by Goldman on Sales Outlook (Update1)
Rick and the Board are doing a "wonderful" job of getting GM guided into Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Next question is when GM files for bankruptcy-late '08, early '09, or...? GM Is Lowered to `Sell' by...

Waterpump Life
Hi, I installed a brand new Duralast waterpump from AutoZone 40,000 miles ago, in my 85 Chevy Caprice. Already the bearings are worn. I can move the fan around quite a lot, and also the pump is noisy....
1
1

GM, Chrysler may face '09 cash crunch
GM, Chrysler may face '09 cash crunch Ratings gives automakers a negative outlook, lowers rating to below investment grade. Mike Ramsey / Bloomberg News General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC may face...
6
6

Re: 'Like house of cards,' used trucks fall
You don't understand how the majority of people think, financially. If you really looked at the housing credit crisis and why it happened you might understand. 30 years ago, people would save up money...

Re: U.S. Employment: GM vs Toyota
Buy the Suburban. Toyota's are garbage. The Oshawa GM plant happens to be #1 or close to it, and has been for many years. Which company takes all the profit back to Japan? Which company has more cars...
28
28

1998 LaSabre won't start
Hello all..You guys usually have some good insight so here goes..My brother has a 1998 Buick LaSabre 3.8 V6 week he said when he went to start it it started to crank like normal and then there was a...
6
6

Calif. judge to rule on GM settlements for coolant suits
Calif. judge to rule on GM settlements for coolant suits Motors could owe millions of dollars in repair claims and other fees if settlements of two class-action lawsuits are approved in a California...
3
3

Re: 'Like house of cards,' used trucks fall
On the other hand CNN had a story about a guy spending $2k per month to gas his Hummer so now he is driving a used Prius with a dent that cost him $24k. Guy goes from one extreme to another.
4
4

Olds LSS CV shaft issues
1998 Olds LSS, 3800 N/A I swear, this bloody car fights me with EVERYTHING I do. Long story short, I'm replacing the CV shafts. After finally finding a pair, (UGH...) the passenger side slipped in...
7
7

Financial Market Waking-Up to GM Default
Financial Market Waking-Up to GM Default of TTAC's Best and Brightest sent us links to today's Wall Street Journal article "GM Slates Sweeping Rebates As Toyota Closes In on No. 1." That's bad news,...