Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

General Motors May sales fall 27.5% - update 1
Rick & the Board are doing a bang up job General Motors May sales fall 27.5% - update 1 world's largest automaker General Motors Corp. (GM: News, Chart, Quote ) said Tuesday that total vehicle sales...

General Motors: Where's the beef?
General Motors: Where's the beef? YORK (Fortune) -- If you are a shareholder of General Motors, you couldn't be too happy about what you heard at Tuesday's annual meeting. Why? Because the company you...

I evidently need a "stodgy, fuddy-duddy" radio!
My wife and I recently found ourselves looking at that gift from the future (our future tax dollars) - the government stimulus check. We decided to use part of it to upgrade our car stereo receiver....
5
5

Chevrolet to get a new compact car for sale early next year
Chevrolet to get a new compact car for sale early next year -- General Motors will unveil a Chevrolet compact car at an auto show this fall, with production slated to begin early next year, say...
3
3

Re: Lefespan of 99 Chevy Prism
It's basically a Toyota Corolla, so yes, if it's been well maintained. nate

Lefespan of 99 Chevy Prism
I'm considering buying a 99 Chevy Prizm LSI, with 1.8 L engine and auto trans with OD. It has 120,000 miles on it. Do these cars last to say, 200,000 miles ??? They're asking $4,395 which seems like a...
11
11

Wiper problems on Buick Regal
Hi, I am having a problem with the  wipers on my 98 Regal GS. It started by ocasionally starting on its own. Now, the wipers will not shut off most  of the time. When they do,  it is not in the...
1
1

chevy rally wheels trim ring question
Hi all, does anyone know what the difference in depth is between the 15x7" and 15x8" Chevy Rally trim rings? I want to put trim rings on my 15x7" MoPar police car wheels and the 15x7" ones I got off...
7
7

1998 Oldsmobile LSS half shaft removal
On a '98 LSS (3800 N/A), do I need to pop the lower ball joints or tie rod ends to remove the half shafts? Do the inner stub shafts just slide out of the tranny or do I need a special puller?
3
3

$1,452 GM Card transferrable rebate cash -- SAVE!!!
** SAVE $700.00+ on a NEW 2008 OR 2009 GM PURCHASE / LEASE ** I've put my $1,452.42 of GM Card rebate money up on eBay. I want 50 cents on the dollar. So if you're in the market for a new GM vehicle,...
3
3

Prizm 3-speed vs 4-speed auto trans
How can I tell if the auto trans is 3 or 4 speed in a 90's Geo Prizm or Chevy Prizm ??? I test drove a 94 Geo Prizm yesterday. The owner didn't know if it was 3 or 4 speed. The rpms were 2500 at about...
9
9

Strange Coolant Problem from my 98 Lumina
I have a 1998 Chevy Lumina 3.1 with about 168000 miles on it. Last night I had the low coolant light come on (the car had been running an hour or so). I immediately stopped and checked my coolant...
6
6

The Geo Metro rides again
"Drivers desperate for high gas mileage are snapping up the poky, discontinued Geo Metro because it offers around 44 mpg..." Business Week article:
5
5

The Huge Hybrid: Few Takers for a New S.U.V. Twist
The Huge Hybrid: Few Takers for a New S.U.V. Twist ? They?ve been criticized as gas hogs, dinosaurs and land yachts. Now Detroit is hoping to cast its biggest sport utility vehicles in a new light:...
3
3

Analysts forecast 10% drop in May sales
Analysts forecast 10% drop in May sales prices were on the minds of most industry analysts today as the analysts generally predicted a 10 percent drop in May U.S. auto sales from the same month a year...