Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Toyota takes 1Q world sales lead from General Motors
Of course you are right. How stupid of me. It would surely be very good for America if it had more big companies so badly managed that it lost huge sums of money every day. This trend of bad...
11
11

2000 Blazer won't start
We have a 2000 Blazer 4.3 V6...strange symptoms...first for about a month my wife described a "stutter" on start-up intermittently, so I thought fuel filter and/or water in the fuel...treated those...
4
4

Check oil light blinks then stalls?
'98 Olds LSS, 3800 N/A. Once mid last week on the Skyway (at 100kph) she sputtered for half a second, the 'check oil' light flashed one time, and she continued on home without further incident. Today...
6
6

Re: What is it with Right Rear Windows?
Well, I found out what it was with the window. At least on the 99 Intrigue. The 'cable' bound around the pulley. As a result, it stressed the nylon tab where the cable attached on the 'riser' part,...

Head gasket as well '02 Malibu 3100 Engine
I recently brought my '02 Malibu 3100 Engine with 52000 miles into the shop for a bad antifreeze leak. I thought it was the intake manifold gasket. I had the leak as well as brown sludge on the...
9
9

MILEAGE
Looks like congress has finally realized that there might be a fuel problem. New federal regs require autos average 35mpg by 2015. ( seven years to catch up to the Toyota Corolla ? ) Of course,...
17
17

Re: Getting cement off fender
Depends on the type of cement.
2
2

Re: Getting cement off fender
That old reliable - WD 40 - has done a good job for me in the past.

94 buick regal custom spark plug change
Hi group, I am trying to change the spark plugs on my 94 buick regal custom. Can anyone tell me how to move the engine so that the rear plugs can be reached? Thanks.
4
4

Re: I'd Like Some Advice/Opinions
Well, for 99% of your driving, even for aggressive driving, stock is fine. While some air filters are 'higher flow', higher than what? What's needed? Or just higher than stock? Think about it, with a...

Re: Getting cement off fender
Try wiping with a cloth dipped in warm sudsy water to which a few drops of amyl acetate has been added. Rinse well and wipe dry. Cement can eventually damage the surface beyond repair, so work...

Re: Getting cement off fender
Not if it's dried.

Re: I'd Like Some Advice/Opinions
It will not allow any "extra air" to flow into the engine. If you do the math on 99% of the engines out there you will discover that the factory paper elements flow about 4 times the amount of air...
4
4

Re: I'd Like Some Advice/Opinions
it needs to run at a given rpm. It may have less resistance and at high engine speeds it may be able to grab a little more air, but for normal driving it will still get all it needs to function and...

WTB: 72/73 Formula or 77/78 T/A body
Have an engine and trans from my 77 TA that got t-boned, looking for a Formula body or another TA to put it into....the closer to Michigan the better...... Don