Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Update
Just a quick update concerning the "backfiring of my 07 malibu: I went to the dealer and was toldthat the car wasn't throwing codes and that I "needed" the 12000 mile servicing for about $700,00. I...
5
5

Prolog: 2000 Blazer Won't Start
Hey Guys: Thought I'd post the resolution of the problems that my son had with his Blazer. Short recap - he had installed a new fuel pump, and all was well for several days. At a point, the truck...
6
6

LeSabre code 1406
96 Buick LeSabre shows a code of 1406. It said EGR value printel position was 10% of the expected position. Probable cause 1. Failed EGR valve 2. Open or short circuit condition. The check engine...
4
4

oil leaking
96 Buick LeSabre with 3.8 II. 108,000 miles. Just started an oil leak on the fire wall side of the engine. I can see it is above the oil pan. My question is with the problems of intake gaskets do they...
2
2

96 Buick LeSabre Intake manifold leak-how much $ or how to repair?
The subject line just about says it all. This car has about 40,000 miles on it. I'm an old VW D.O.Y. of moderate ability, with little to no experience with water cooled cars -- aside from once...
7
7

Valet remote start
I bought a used car that came with a Valet 552T remote start. Nice. But it seems that nothing was hooked up except for the door locks and the remote start. No lights to indicate status. No switches....
12
12

Selling $1,452 GM Card rebate money for $800 cash (Columbus, OH)
SAVE $650.00+ on a NEW '08 GM PURCHASE/LEASE!!! I have $1,452.42 of transferrable GM rebate money from my GM Card ( that I want to sell outright for $800 cash to someone in the central Ohio area....

Code P0101: Is the MAF really the problem?
My 2000 Buick Park Avenue stalls while driving. I get no SES light but my scanner does show the MAF code, P0101, after this happens. The car will only restart if I clear the code. So I'm basically...
7
7

02 Impala strange oil leak
My '02 Impala LS (3.8L, 60K miles) has developed an odd oil leak. Oil is pooled on both the front and rear of the engine near the middle fuel injector in an indentation in the metal intake near that...
3
3

Ignition switch
My 2001 Monte Carlo would intermittently refuse to start. No cranking. No nothing. It sometimes took several turns of the key before it would start. Used my VOM and found that about 6 volts was...

using front drive 2.2 in S10
My 96 s10 i think is dieing and i am looking for replacement engines. a 1995/1997 2.2 of some variety seems to be the likly candidate. It has to be port injected which rules out older 2.2.'s It will...
4
4

More cars use pricier premium gas
More cars use pricier premium gas a time of record pump prices for regular gas, automakers are introducing more cars that use even costlier premium. The number of new vehicle models that need ? or at...

Maintenance Intervals - Spark Plugs, Wires and Fuel Filter
.... 2002 Monte Carlo 3.4L but more of a generic question Owners manual says spark plugs are good for 100K.... Platinum plugs... I just replaced mine at 57K, they looked not too bad, a little worn....
3
3

Sounds a Bit Like BackFire
When I start my 07 Malibu SS at about 1/3 up on the heat scale, and then at about halfway, the car makes a sound which to me sounds like a "muffled" backfire. It seems to occur when the car is being...
2
2

Service contracts: Hard-sell tactics plague dealers, customers
Service contracts: Hard-sell tactics plague dealers, customers Broome, a Cadillac dealer in Independence, Mo., hears from about 10 customers a month who complain about his dealership's high-pressure...